Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2017 5:33:28 PM EDT
I was looking at a new Sig MCX and it looked just like the new Virtus, 5 position folding stock, M-Lock, and what not but it didn't say Virtus on it (maybe it's a first Gen Virtus before they stamped Virtus on the right side?). Is it just the standard MCX?

Now that they have the new Virtus line out are they discontinuing the original MCX line, I knew that they were having problems with it. Or are they going to continue manufacturing the MCX and MCX Virtus alongside each other?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be a couple things. Could be an older MCX with a Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard. Or it could have been a LE/Mil Virtus which is black with no Virtus on he plate. I am guessing it’s a older (legacy) MCX with the aftermarket hand guard. Sig is still supporting the Legacy MCX due to Military contracts that are out there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could be a couple things. Could be an older MCX with a Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard. Or it could have been a LE/Mil Virtus which is black with no Virtus on he plate. I am guessing it’s a older (legacy) MCX with the aftermarket hand guard. Sig is still supporting the Legacy MCX due to Military contracts that are out there.
View Quote
So would it have the Sig Matchlite Duo trigger? Is it basically the same as the Virtus minus the badging?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So would it have the Sig Matchlite Duo trigger? Is it basically the same as the Virtus minus the badging?
View Quote
The LE/Mil Virtus has a standard mil spec trigger, black finish and comes with the new Sig metal flip up locking sights.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The LE/Mil Virtus has a standard mil spec trigger, black finish and comes with the new Sig metal flip up locking sights.
View Quote
That must be what it is. Sounds just like it. Can you get that better trigger and drop it in?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That must be what it is. Sounds just like it. Can you get that better trigger and drop it in?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Next time you are at your LGS, just check the handguard. If it's the Midwest Industries then it's a Legacy MCX and not the Virtus.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Next time you are at your LGS, just check the handguard. If it's the Midwest Industries then it's a Legacy MCX and not the Virtus.
View Quote
Will it say Midwest industries on it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote
How much does the better trigger cost?

Would it be worth it getting the better trigger?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How much does the better trigger cost?

Would it be worth it getting the better trigger?
View Quote
Yes it will say the makers name on the handgaurd. You can also google the MI handguard and the Virtus handguard and see the difference.

Sig sells the Virtus Duo trigger for a little over 100.00. I would spend the extra and get the Geissele MCX specific trigger and they have a 30% off sale until the 27th.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm confused, if I want an MCX but in no rush, which one should I get?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Get the Virtus. Lots of improvements to the upper receiver. It’s built like a tank.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes it will say the makers name on the handgaurd. You can also google the MI handguard and the Virtus handguard and see the difference.

Sig sells the Virtus Duo trigger for a little over 100.00. I would spend the extra and get the Geissele MCX specific trigger and they have a 30% off sale until the 27th.  
View Quote
From Geissele’s website?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
https://geissele.com/lower-parts/triggers.html
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://geissele.com/lower-parts/triggers.html
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Get the Virtus. Lots of improvements to the upper receiver. It’s built like a tank.
View Quote
I thought the only technical difference was the bolt, barrel, and placement under the handguards?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
What are the improvements to the upper receiver that makes it so much better than the original MCX?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is also quite a bit more front heavy. It goes from a light well balanced rifle to a still relatively light but not very well balanced rifle. Feels front heavy like an ACR.

I did a test with my legacy MCX for POI shift with a high rate of fire. 5 shots with IMI 77g for accuracy, 80 shots of M855 mag dumps, and 5 more shots with IMI. My group size went from 1.5moa to 3moa but the POI stayed the same. I was impressed by this from such a skinny barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top