Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2013 2:37:22 PM EDT
Hi guys/gals I just ordered the bushnell ar 1-4 scope. A friend saw it at shot show and said it was a less expensive version of the vortex pst 1-4, it was close but not quite the same quality in his option. I guess I will soon find out if it was worth the $200 bucks.

My question is I know the 556 platform needs a lower mount then the ar platform to get a good check weeled. I will be taking off my irons so no problem their. I would like a QD mount as I may get back up folding irons as I get more funds.  

So to help, my rifel is the 556 patrol classic. Swiss folding non adjustable stock. I will post picture of every thing to help explain what I am looking for. Any help/experience wold be great.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the style I was thinking of.

</a>" />

This is the scope.

</a>" />

I have the same swiss stock as this picture. This set up is close to what I am shooting for. Only difference is my rifel is the patrol and not the standard classic. This pictures shows irons sights that are not factory and I think that's why they work with the scope.

So what hight mount do I need for a good check welled?  Any help on make and brand would be great!!!  P.S I took this picture off of google. If this is your picture thanks for the great example!  If you have any problems with me using it please let me know and I will take it off.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Burris AR PEPR is what u are looking for
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Burris AR PEPR is what u are looking for
View Quote

Thanks I will check it out. Any reason why that one?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Friend of mine got one for his Sig556R it's cheap and solid
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
So I looked at the mount and like the price, but it says its ideal for ar platforms. Would this be to high on a 556?  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
As I said my friend is happy with the same mounts on his 556R and he's happy no problem at all
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the direction. As of now it's the leader in the search. Any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

P.S I took this picture off of google. If this is your picture thanks for the great example! If you have any problems with me using it please let me know and I will take it off.

View Quote
That's my picture. I don't have a problem with you using it here in this thread.

As you see I like the Larue LT-104 mount. A little bit lower would be better but then the scope would interfere with my Aurora sights. As I have it set up it works well without being so high as to have a chin weld rather than a cheek weld. I prefer the one piece mounts like this, but regular scope rings will give you more options with height. Most of hte one piece set ups are made for AR height.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Haha, did seeing your rifel take you by surprise?  Anyways I have always thought your setup was sexy and well thoght out when I saw this picture a year or so ago.   I had the feeling someone would speak up about your picture. Since you have been through this before, a few questions.

Do you know of any one pice scope mounts that would work well, that may be lower then the ar hight?  

I have also read the airsoft check pice will work with our swiss stocks. Would that work well with an ar hight mount and solve any hight issues? Any experience with the airsoft sig check pice?

Do you think you could also incorporate the MFIAP folding sights with a setup like yours?

Btw thanks for your help and your picture. I will trade you rifles any day ;)
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the MFI MAD sights on my 556R, they sit pretty low when folded. This is my 522 with Millet DMS 1-4x in a American Defense AD-RECON-X mount. I can swap it over to the 556r and see take a picture so you can see. Should be plenty of room.

Larue LT 104 centerline of optic is 1.5" above rail

ADM AD-RECON-X centerline of optic is 1.380" above rail

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/jdove80/SIG522DMR_zps1a55b02f.jpg
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have the MFI MAD sights on my 556R, they sit pretty low when folded. This is my 522 with Millet DMS 1-4x in a American Defense AD-RECON-X mount. I can swap it over to the 556r and see take a picture so you can see. Should be plenty of room.

Larue LT 104 centerline of optic 1.5" above rail

View Quote

Beautiful 522, in fact I think you helped me make my next Prechuse. In the pic you posted, could you fit the MFI folding sights with that scope set up?  Thanks

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. Yeah, I can swap them and take a picture when I get home from work tonight.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Beautiful 522, in fact I think you helped me make my next Prechuse. In the pic you posted, could you fit the MFI folding sights with that scope set up?  Thanks

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue LT 104 centerline of optic 1.5" above rail

Same mount/optic on 556r with MFI MAD BUIS. Plenty of room to fit under.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/jdove80/SIG556r1-4x_zpsce75d7be.jpg
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#14]
JD80,thank you once more for the picture. That is exclaty what I wanted to know. Can you please tell me about that scope mount, price, place to buy from, and if you like it/would you buy it again? Second do you like the MFI folding back up irons?  Third, how is the check weld on the stock with your setup?  

Last, I still can't stoping looking at your 522. Very beautiful!  Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
JD80,thank you once more for the picture. That is exclaty what I wanted to know. Can you please tell me about that scope mount, price, place to buy from, and if you like it/would you buy it again? Second do you like the MFI folding back up irons?  Third, how is the check weld on the stock with your setup?  

Last, I still can't stoping looking at your 522. Very beautiful!  Thanks for all your help.
View Quote

American Defense Manufacturing AD-RECON-X. I got mine off ebay new for $190 I think. They make nice mounts, I have a few AD-68L mounts for my 556r/551a1 optics as well. Maybe not as nice as my Larue mounts but still pretty solid and a little cheaper. I have no issues with getting a good cheek weld and proper eye relief.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/8/

I had a Midwest 556 folding front sight and Midwest AR rear sight on the 556r. The problem is that they are AR height and the classic SIG stocks give you a lower cheek weld. The MFI sights sit lower and are probably the best option outside actual SIG diopters (the SIG USA ones suck, I have them on my 551-a1, they are getting replaced with MFIs) or Aurora Diopters (may not be made anymore?). There is a slight amount of play in MFI rear sight, but it has not been an issue. They are meant to be BUIS and work well in that role. The Midwest/Samson 556 sights would be ok if you are using a DDLES AR Stock adapter and stock. But they just don't look as cool as a Swiss stock

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

American Defense Manufacturing AD-RECON-X. I got mine off ebay new for $190 I think. They make nice mounts, I have a few AD-68L mounts for my 556r/551a1 optics as well. Maybe not as nice as my Larue mounts but still pretty solid and a little cheaper. I have no issues with getting a good cheek weld and proper eye relief.

I had a Midwest 556 folding front sight and Midwest AR rear sight on the 556r. The problem is that they are AR height and the classic SIG stocks give you a lower cheek weld. The MFI sights sit lower and are probably the best option outside actual SIG diopters (the SIG USA ones suck, I have them on my 551-a1, they are getting replaced with MFIs) or Aurora Diopters (may not be made anymore?). There is a slight amount of play in MFI rear sight, but it has not been an issue. They are meant to be BUIS and work well in that role. The Midwest/Samson 556 sights would be ok if you are using a DDLES AR Stock adapter and stock. But they just
don't look as cool as a Swiss stock

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a Midwest 556 folding front sight and Midwest AR rear sight on the 556r. The problem is that they are AR height and the classic SIG stocks give you a lower cheek weld. The MFI sights sit lower and are probably the best option outside actual SIG diopters (the SIG USA ones suck, I have them on my 551-a1, they are getting replaced with MFIs) or Aurora Diopters (may not be made anymore?). There is a slight amount of play in MFI rear sight, but it has not been an issue. They are meant to be BUIS and work well in that role. The Midwest/Samson 556 sights would be ok if you are using a DDLES AR Stock adapter and stock. But they just

Thank you so much for your help. Your last part answer every question I have. You obviously know getting sights for these rifles setup correctly is not easy. I can also tell you have been through this before. Like you said I would love true Swiss diopters and second aurora diopters, to bad they are no longer made.  I just cant spend that money at the moment. I know Troy makes a micro bus but not made for the front dovetail, only 1913 rail, and are also pricy.

Last question, is your scope mount AD-Recon-x, the same hight as the burris perp that someone else posted early in the thread?  Or is it lower then the standered ar hight?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thank you so much for your help. Your last part answer every question I have. You obviously know getting sights for these rifles setup correctly is not easy. I can also tell you have been through this before. Like you said I would love true Swiss diopters and second aurora diopters, to bad they are no longer made.  I just cant spend that money at the moment. I know Troy makes a micro bus but not made for the front dovetail, only 1913 rail, and are also pricy.

Last question, is your scope mount AD-Recon-x, the same hight as the burris perp that someone else posted early in the thread?  Or is it lower then the standered ar hight?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AD-RECON-X 30mm is listed as 1.47" centerline height. The AD-RECON-SL is the lowest at 1.110" centerline, but that may be too low for you to clear BUIS.
Burris PEPR 30mm is listed as 1.59" centerline height.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for all the great info! I will post pic when she is all set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top