Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2023 12:12:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This looks much better than anything I seen previously.

I might print one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of want.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The future is right freaking now lol. I want a printer bad now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Theres also this guy which looks very interesting, which seems to be a factory kit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/12b0op4/just_finished_my_newest_space_gun/

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Theres also this guy which looks very interesting, which seems to be a factory kit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/12b0op4/just_finished_my_newest_space_gun/

https://i.redd.it/15h7hp9nzqra1.jpg
View Quote

Yea..I have no interest in that
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Theres also this guy which looks very interesting, which seems to be a factory kit:

https://i.redd.it/15h7hp9nzqra1.jpg
View Quote

That looks really nice.

So does the one in the OP:

What bolt carrier is being used?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The buffertubeless uppers are what was really needed for 3D printed lowers.  All that stress of the spring and buffer being contained by the plastic was no bueno.  
These jakl and brn180 style uppers have the metal upper receiver containing all the recoil forces.  The lower can be just shitty plastic and doesn't take such a beating.

Quoted:

That looks really nice.

https://preview.redd.it/oq0jcei872ta1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=70916c9d8fe6308e859dcaf9196c69b73b3dd663

View Quote

Thats the FM-15.  Its another bufferless design with the charging handle forward on the handguard like an MP5 or scorpion.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The buffertubeless uppers are what was really needed for 3D printed lowers.  All that stress of the spring and buffer being contained by the plastic was no bueno.  
These jakl and brn180 style uppers have the metal upper receiver containing all the recoil forces.  The lower can be just shitty plastic and doesn't take such a beating.

Thats the FM-15.  Its another bufferless design with the charging handle forward on the handguard like an MP5 or scorpion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That looks really nice.

https://preview.redd.it/oq0jcei872ta1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=70916c9d8fe6308e859dcaf9196c69b73b3dd663

I'd question using the BRN-180 due to the reciprocating charging handle. Left-handed shooting is a no-go a la L85. It would in fact be the L85 we have at home.

JAKL and FM-15 seem like legit options.

It could be possible to make one that works with the MCX, but you would need the lower to be reinforced and come up to support the recoil spring/guide rod assembly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
that looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#11]
It just occurred to me that this would work with a CMMG or similar .22LR upper. That would be a fun little training blaster.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It just occurred to me that this would work with a CMMG or similar .22LR upper. That would be a fun little training blaster.
View Quote

Agreed, very cool. Also a nice .22lr suppressor host.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#13]
More progress, this thing is fucking awesome. Really hope we see a 'real' commercial version one day.

3 LB AR-15 Bullpup Trigger & Mag Release Demo
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmmmm... Thinking hard about this.. I did not find any reviews on ARF, anyone have one?  $499...  Add Foxtrot Mike or Jakl upper for side charging.  I wonder how this compares to the 3D printed one?

Bullpup Kit

Let's see how my hotlink skills work

Secondly, what is the legality of selling a 3d printed lower.  Say the person that printed it wanted a different color or material, could the old one be sold as long as it was not made specifically to be sold.  I don't have a 3d printer but would buy someone's printed Bullpup if they are tired of.  I assume like an 80%, as long as one is making it for personal use and not making for sale it's OK?  And before someone says it; not Glowie or FATF or whatever the cool kids are doing these days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#15]
The SCY and this 3d printed lower are not the same thing.

SCY bolts onto a regular AR lower.  This 3d printed AR bullpup lower requires an upper that has an integrated buffer.

The 3D printed lower parts have not been released publicly or been offered for sale.

There are a few people on the bullpup subreddit that have built up some SCY ar15's.  Might be worth checking there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The SCY and this 3d printed lower are not the same thing.

SCY bolts onto a regular AR lower.  This 3d printed AR bullpup lower requires an upper that has an integrated buffer.

The 3D printed lower parts have not been released publicly or been offered for sale.

There are a few people on the bullpup subreddit that have built up some SCY ar15's.  Might be worth checking there.
View Quote

Thanks Frozen.  I was getting a bit confused looking at the pix.  I saw on Reddit a few people have the SCY kit and seem to like them.  The creator of the 3d kit stated he'll release it when ready.  For the price of the SCY I could buy the printer I have been wanting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  Secondly, what is the legality of selling a 3d printed lower.  Say the person that printed it wanted a different color or material, could the old one be sold as long as it was not made specifically to be sold.  I don't have a 3d printer but would buy someone's printed Bullpup if they are tired of.  I assume like an 80%, as long as one is making it for personal use and not making for sale it's OK?  And before someone says it; not Glowie or FATF or whatever the cool kids are doing these days.
View Quote

Technically legal, but the AFT will use your post against you in court if they find out, and they're adding intel analysts @ all the field offices given their new budget that was passed by the last Republican held Senate.

Typically they bust some dude w/ a router & a jig who's been cranking out aluminum 80%s, building complete rifles, & is selling them at gun shows w/o an FFL.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I wanted to make one of these for the FM15. That's really cool
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#19]
We really need something for the FM-15!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
More progress, this thing is fucking awesome. Really hope we see a 'real' commercial version one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LX_216k-bk
View Quote

Quoting myself here, this FM-15 3D printed bullpup is only 5.3lbs per the inventor, which is absolutely bananas.

That's 1lb less then a normal M4 carbine, and 2lbs less then the new Thales F90 lightened AUG.

I really hope the 3D inventor is able to partner with a real firearms company to make those lowers. Perhaps Manticore, PSA, or Foxtrot Mike themselves?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoting myself here, this FM-15 3D printed bullpup is only 5.3lbs per the inventor, which is absolutely bananas.

That's 1lb less then a normal M4 carbine, and 2lbs less then the new Thales F90 lightened AUG.

I really hope the 3D inventor is able to partner with a real firearms company to make those lowers. Perhaps Manticore, PSA, or Foxtrot Mike themselves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full production would be amazing.

Since it seems so good in poly, I wonder if KE Arms the people that make the What Would Stoner Do lower might be a good option. Although I get the opinion that they don't like bullpups.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Since it seems so good in poly, I wonder if KE Arms the people that make the What Would Stoner Do lower might be a good option. Although I get the opinion that they don't like bullpups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They certainly have the technical skills, but doubt they have the interest. Plus they have some drama around them so probably a full plate.

Manticore Arms would be cool, as they love bullpups and have the technical skills / familiarity based on their work with the Scorpion bullpup:

https://manticorearms.com/product/scorpion-evo-bullpup-kit/

And of course having FM Products, makers of the FM-15, seems to have the most to gain from the development. Not sure how hip they are with polymer though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like you need an 18" barrel to hit 26" OAL? I believe he had his 16" barrel pinned.

As an alternative:
Looks like the lower uses SL style recoil pads. Technically you can print a spacer and use the thicker SL recoil pad.

Just as an option.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Manticore is on this forum and frequents it often.

If they have an interest in this they would reach out to the creator.

KE arms is an interesting idea.  The recent drama is around AR15 monolithic designs.  This one wouldn't have any IP conflict and they might be well suited for this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know of any 1913 direct attach stocks that would work with that SCY kit and an FM15? Just about the only thing giving me pause about ordering one would be that there aren't any stocks available for it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Manticore is on this forum and frequents it often.

If they have an interest in this they would reach out to the creator.

KE arms is an interesting idea.  The recent drama is around AR15 monolithic designs.  This one wouldn't have any IP conflict and they might be well suited for this.
View Quote

Kinda sad that KE's industry forum is gone. I assumed it was due to the lawsuit.

I wanted to suggest combining their polymer lower with SFA's Saint Edge  ATC chassis deaign.

These would be neat still.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of any 1913 direct attach stocks that would work with that SCY kit and an FM15? Just about the only thing giving me pause about ordering one would be that there aren't any stocks available for it.
View Quote

That and the $500 price tag, but yeah, this.  Would ideally like just a butt pad myself - although optional spacers might be good, since I'd have a hard time deciding proper LOP without actually trying it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looks like you need an 18" barrel to hit 26" OAL? I believe he had his 16" barrel pinned.

As an alternative:
Looks like the lower uses SL style recoil pads. Technically you can print a spacer and use the thicker SL recoil pad.

Just as an option.

View Quote

Or buy an Arisaka Defense stock angle adapter for the SL

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  Looks like you need an 18" barrel to hit 26" OAL? I believe he had his 16" barrel pinned.

As an alternative:

Just as an option.
View Quote

Or use a collapsible stock.  ATF measures the 26" w/ the stock extended.  You could engineer a bullpup that was 16.5" long w/ a 16" bbl, as long as the stock will extend 9.5" - you don't have to actually shoot it that way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Or use a collapsible stock.  ATF measures the 26" w/ the stock extended.  You could engineer a bullpup that was 16.5" long w/ a 16" bbl, as long as the stock will extend 9.5" - you don't have to actually shoot it that way.
View Quote

keltec does that, pretty slick
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Looks like you need an 18" barrel to hit 26" OAL? I believe he had his 16" barrel pinned.

As an alternative:

Just as an option.

I was thinking of that too.

Honestly wonder if you could Integrate, something similar today a PDW stock with bars or something. However the bars would actually slide into tubes for cheek weld. (similar to a SoPmod's battery tubes). You could always integrate that with the picatinny cheek rest.

I mean it probably wouldn't be used much but it would still serve a function for overall like the pool which would get you 26 in without any fuckery such as a pin and weld.

This way if you were going to pin and weld anyway and still be able to use that upper. The stock bars would have to be higher up. Similar to a safety harbor stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Honestly wonder if you could Integrate, something similar today a PDW stock with bars or something. However the bars would actually slide into tubes for cheek weld. (similar to a SoPmod's battery tubes). You could always integrate that with the picatinny cheek rest.

I mean it probably wouldn't be used much but it would still serve a function for overall like the pool which would get you 26 in without any fuckery such as a pin and weld.

This way if you were going to pin and weld anyway and still be able to use that upper. The stock bars would have to be higher up. Similar to a safety harbor stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an alternative:

Just as an option.

For all the hand-wringing about KelTec around here, George Kellgren is a damn good firearms designer.  The collapsible stock arms on his CMR-30 make a perfect cheek weld.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#34]

I'm interested but will the OAL be an issue? Or will a 16" barrel be enough without a pin and weld. Guess we will wait and see.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I still have an un-used approved stamp for my unfinished PDR laying around ??
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm interested but will the OAL be an issue? Or will a 16" barrel be enough without a pin and weld. Guess we will wait and see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Slap on a fully collapsible stock that also serves as a cheekpiece and Bob's yer uncle.  ATF measures OAL w/ stocks fully extended.  We could be running around w/ 17" bullpups if we worked at it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#37]
]

Quoted:

Slap on a fully collapsible stock that also serves as a cheekpiece and Bob's yer uncle.  ATF measures OAL w/ stocks fully extended.  We could be running around w/ 17" bullpups if we worked at it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe keep Picatinny on the back end and add one of these with a large recoil pad area. You'd still be able to shoulder.it fully collapsed.
Attachment Attached File

3D print something similar to this, but it serves as a Picatinny rail cover. The battery tubes would also cover/shroud the pdw stocks bars.
Attachment Attached File

I kinda did a mock up with my FM15 stock folded. The carry handle riser is definitely needed so you aren't scraping your knuckle on a mounted optic.

I wondered about a G36 carry handle.. no just no lol.

The idea looked better in my head.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
]

Maybe keep Picatinny on the back end and add one of these with a large recoil pad area. You'd still be able to shoulder.it fully collapsed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/SIngle-notch-slider-stock-4_jpg-2804278.JPG

3D print something similar to this, but it serves as a Picatinny rail cover. The battery tubes would also cover/shroud the pdw stocks bars.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/sst1-green-1_jpeg-2804281.JPG

I kinda did a mock up with my FM15 stock folded. The carry handle riser is definitely needed so you aren't scraping your knuckle on a mounted optic.

I wondered about a G36 carry handle.. no just no lol.

The idea looked better in my head.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_1048-660x495_jpg-2804289.JPG

View Quote

X95 looks awesomely space rifle with the G36 carry handle optic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Another AR-Pup build, the author has cleverly used rubber rail covers as cheek piece, which is a great idea.

(also it's funny now with Mlok having taken over how jarring I find seeing Keymod now; that happen to anyone else?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bullpups/comments/134yf2r/she_is_beauty_she_is_grace_left_handed_brass_in/

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I love people's ingenuity...
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#41]
The A3tactical looks great! Cant wait for one of these kits to actually hit the market.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The A3tactical looks great! Cant wait for one of these kits to actually hit the market.
View Quote

Yep, looks really cool.

The A3Tactical and Reap Weaponries conversions use a standard milspec AR15 lower - which is great since I have a bunch of those already SBR'd. Either would be neat with a 13.9" FM-15 upper.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ill wait for this over everything else..It does not look like an ar retrofitted in the rear...This looks like it could be a factory bullpup
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I still have an un-used approved stamp for my unfinished PDR laying around ??
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/IMG_20131202_193204_968__1__jpg-2804257.JPG
View Quote

I always wished a PDR would have made it to market. One thing I really hate about our NFA laws is that manufacturers don't think it's worth it to make SBR's. Even if the minimum was 12" instead of 16" we'd see a lot more cool guns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#45]
This is honestly insane, and I love it. Have always wanted to try to make something like this before. But that was before 3d printing took off. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

Have no idea if that one premade lower conversion is related, but I remember years ago there was a thread where someone showed off a conversion kit that you dropped an entire lower into it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Update; looking good:

AR-15 Bullpup Shooting Demo
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#47]

If I can get one of these kits for my LR300, I would finally have the M82 rifle from Killzone

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/jJcYF4F/20230124-164949.jpg

If I can get one of these kits for my LR300, I would finally have the M82 rifle from Killzone
View Quote

That needs to happen, super cool.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/jJcYF4F/20230124-164949.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7198/13559614094_f7a385040f_b.jpg
View Quote

That... Made my day.

Man, I wish those were still in production.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top