Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2019 7:54:08 PM EDT
What do you use?  I have a Corvus rail and finally have some more real estate on my A3.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I gave up on that. I spent about ~$110 on some flip ups but apparently I bought the wrong ones.

I had some RDSs and they were okay but now I'm using a mil-dot reticle and am pleased shooting 200 yard steel.

More answers will come over the holiday!
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Tried BUIS back when I had the CQC decided it was a lost cause. (For me anyway) I figured just buy a good optic and call it a day.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Magpul Pro's, you can't focus on the front sight with a 1x optic still in place so QD is needed imo. With the optic removed I can focus just fine.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently switched out the factory 3x optic (with an RMR on top) for a Steyr extended long rail to use this setup.  I wasn't happy with the height-over-bore of the RMR on top of the factory optic.
BUIS are ARMS 40L, which co-witness through the Eotech perfectly.  The G33 magnifier is a swing-to-side (as most will know) which means there is no need to remove anything to deploy the BUIS.  And, despite the short sight radius, the irons group at 50 yards just fine.  I ran a carbine class with this setup recently and was really happy with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently switched out the factory 3x optic (with an RMR on top) for a Steyr extended long rail to use this setup.  I wasn't happy with the height-over-bore of the RMR on top of the factory optic.
BUIS are ARMS 40L, which co-witness through the Eotech perfectly.  The G33 magnifier is a swing-to-side (as most will know) which means there is no need to remove anything to deploy the BUIS.  And, despite the short sight radius, the irons group at 50 yards just fine.  I ran a carbine class with this setup recently and was really happy with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425197/AUG_jpg-1004931.JPG
View Quote
It looks heavy. Mind if I ask what the weight is?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Magpul PRO

High quality and very slim profile
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I never bothered.  Just stuck an ACOG on there and called it a day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never bothered.  Just stuck an ACOG on there and called it a day.
View Quote
Which one? I've never owned an ACOG but am intrigued by them on an AUG.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a regular ol TA31F.   I believe the Aussies run ACOGs on theirs.

Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It looks heavy. Mind if I ask what the weight is?
View Quote
10 pounds without the suppressor or magazine.  It's really not bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top