Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2018 8:28:33 PM EDT
Just some information on stuff happening at Steyr. Steyr Mannlicher is rebranding itself as Steyr Arms with a new official logo reveal and launch of steyr-arms.com on Thursday. Steyr's US site is and has been steyrarms.com, so the new site is pretty close.

I don't understand German so I can't say why they're dropping "Mannlicher", but Steyr's name has changed many times over the last 150 years as ownership changed. With the rebranding comes new products including a bolt gun called the monobloc which is a novel design among other things. Steyr also has a new line of suppressors, one of them for the AUG called the UMS - universal military suppressor. If I remember right, prices were 400-600 euro.

With a ton of changes currently happening in Alabama at Steyr, I wouldn't be surprised if they build the new line of suppressors for us in the US.

Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting! Any word on new Aug offerings?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Great, now where's the new trigger:).
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool! I dig it!
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I need another AUG
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m all about a new AUG trigger.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the web store. Hopefully we can capitalize on this!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a Steyr fan and I hope they come out with some new products.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to the STM-556 (one can dream).
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Could we get an 80% Steyr pistol?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the UMS anything like the Ratworx suppressor?

Does anybody even have the Ratworx AUG suppressor?  I have only seen one thread about it & he had some initial problems with the gas plug bridge.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Ears perked at AUG suppressor
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Their new unitary bbl/action sounds interesting.  Would never spend that kind of money, and it totally defeats the ability to replace the bbl or change the caliber ever, but from a gunmaking standpoint it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Since we’re doing phantom Steyr products now

What’s the over/under on ever getting a .300 Blackout barrel?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#17]
AUG 9mm kits??!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AUG 9mm kits??!!
View Quote
Hold up is a US made barrel. With barrel making at Steyr now, it shouldn't be too long I'd guess.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd like an updated version of their pistols. I had a L9a1 and with a few tweaks I would have kept it.

1: The trigger reset was not easy to hear or feel so rapid fire sometimes I wouldn't let the trigger out enough to reset.

2: The serrations on the side are way too damn shallow and with the slide being low profile for a low bore axis it made it hard to grip and rack since the serrations were shallow enough to feel more decorative than anything with slick hands from sweat or rain fuck that would be a pain in the ass. Make those things more aggressive.

3: The frame was pretty slick it doesn't need to be a cheese grater but more aggressive stippling would be nice.

4: Get rid of the stupid lock. I like the push button then rotate a lever down, slide comes off thing just get rid of the dumbass lock part in the button. I get it originally it was a stupid ass impractical feature for police to use a handcuff key to lock up the weapon before going into a lockup where guns aren't allowed aka dropping someone off at a jail (the reason guns aren't allowed in lockups is the close quarters makes it a good place for a detainee to grab a gun off of you and turn a beatdown situation to a shots fired one, putting a lock on gun doesn't change that because if an inmate grabs a gun and starts waving it around you don't want to trust that the officer remembered to unholster and turn a lock then reholster, plus while going through that why not just put said gun in your trunk in the sally port or a designated locking pistol locker in said sally port?). It was a dumbass idea for that and the US market doesn't like locks built into their pistols in general so ditch the fucking thing.

5: I've read that they aren't a candidate for slide mounted optics so this might not actually be an issue. Those weren't a big thing when I owned one but hey while they are at it redesign it so it can be, hell maybe come up with a version with plates like S&W and glock have for easy optic mounting.

If they came out with a new version addressing that I would buy it since it had a nice trigger, shot well, and was a good looking gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looking forward to the STM-556 (one can dream).
View Quote
Me too!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hopefully a fat reflex design that adds minimum length.  Save me from some day form 1'n my own....
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I just want a 7.62x39 conversion or a 300 blackout barrel so I can use it as a woods / deer gun .
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Does anybody even have the Ratworx AUG suppressor?  I have only seen one thread about it & he had some initial problems with the gas plug bridge.
View Quote
I have one. It’s heavy but otherwise outstanding.  The first port size had it very overgassed but it’s much better with the updated part.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hold up is a US made barrel. With barrel making at Steyr now, it shouldn't be too long I'd guess.
View Quote
I thought they were considered cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have one. It’s heavy but otherwise outstanding.  The first port size had it very overgassed but it’s much better with the updated part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fantastic.  Thanks for posting that.  I am glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
As someone who sat right on the sidelines as SIG Sauer partnered with SIGArms in the USA, who would later become SIG Sauer proper, this news does not excite me nearly as much as most of you. Certainly not, when I reflect upon the fact that both my A3 and M1 had to be sent back for stupid small parts quality issues.

I'm all for innovation and development, provided it's done right. Unfortunately, all I've seen in this industry is a train wreck of corporate "Let's make it cheap" America head-on with blue collar "I'm going on break" America.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I want my AUGs to have Austrian barrels with proper hex check nuts and US receivers. Is that possible? Can this rebranded Steyr do that?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd like an updated version of their pistols. I had a L9a1 and with a few tweaks I would have kept it.

1: The trigger reset was not easy to hear or feel so rapid fire sometimes I wouldn't let the trigger out enough to reset.

2: The serrations on the side are way too damn shallow and with the slide being low profile for a low bore axis it made it hard to grip and rack since the serrations were shallow enough to feel more decorative than anything with slick hands from sweat or rain fuck that would be a pain in the ass. Make those things more aggressive.

3: The frame was pretty slick it doesn't need to be a cheese grater but more aggressive stippling would be nice.

4: Get rid of the stupid lock. I like the push button then rotate a lever down, slide comes off thing just get rid of the dumbass lock part in the button. I get it originally it was a stupid ass impractical feature for police to use a handcuff key to lock up the weapon before going into a lockup where guns aren't allowed aka dropping someone off at a jail (the reason guns aren't allowed in lockups is the close quarters makes it a good place for a detainee to grab a gun off of you and turn a beatdown situation to a shots fired one, putting a lock on gun doesn't change that because if an inmate grabs a gun and starts waving it around you don't want to trust that the officer remembered to unholster and turn a lock then reholster, plus while going through that why not just put said gun in your trunk in the sally port or a designated locking pistol locker in said sally port?). It was a dumbass idea for that and the US market doesn't like locks built into their pistols in general so ditch the fucking thing.

5: I've read that they aren't a candidate for slide mounted optics so this might not actually be an issue. Those weren't a big thing when I owned one but hey while they are at it redesign it so it can be, hell maybe come up with a version with plates like S&W and glock have for easy optic mounting.

If they came out with a new version addressing that I would buy it since it had a nice trigger, shot well, and was a good looking gun.
View Quote
The M9 has no issues with any optic mounting/milling. The L9 can and I have one with a deltapoint milled but you lose the loaded chamber indicator on the back of the slide. The lock never bothered me but I also never used it. The serrations were fine for my use but the other points are weak points with reset and stippling. The stippling works with grip tape. I can’t remember the company but why had precut options. My big complaints are the non audible/tactile reset. I haven’t found a fix other then practice. I also hate that there isn’t any aftermarket support. My holsters have been made at we plead the 2nd since I can’t find any pre made ones, which is fine as they aren’t that bad in price and they are gtg. My other issue is mags. Wish there were some higher capacity ones for two gun. That is one thing that at times has me switching back to my sig. would also like a trapezoid night sight
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The M9 has no issues with any optic mounting/milling. The L9 can and I have one with a deltapoint milled but you lose the loaded chamber indicator on the back of the slide. The lock never bothered me but I also never used it. The serrations were fine for my use but the other points are weak points with reset and stippling. The stippling works with grip tape. I can’t remember the company but why had precut options. My big complaints are the non audible/tactile reset. I haven’t found a fix other then practice. I also hate that there isn’t any aftermarket support. My holsters have been made at we plead the 2nd since I can’t find any pre made ones, which is fine as they aren’t that bad in price and they are gtg. My other issue is mags. Wish there were some higher capacity ones for two gun. That is one thing that at times has me switching back to my sig. would also like a trapezoid night sight
View Quote
Good to hear the slide milling isn’t an issue. I had just read it was and didn’t know for sure.

The trigger reset was the biggest issue for me with the slickness of the frame and slide being the other 2 big ones for me. The lock is just a pet peeve for me I don’t like having them built in and the reason for it’s original inclusion is silly anyways which compounds my desire for it to not exist . I had forgotten about only 15 round mags without the +2 base plates. Changing that too would be nice.

Dang near everything not a Glock and the holster options go down rapidly sadly.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I would have bought an S9-A1 if they didn't sell them with neutered 10rd mags. That would be a nice change but for me that niche was filled with the FNS9c instead.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Steyr USA said it will be available in 2019.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Steyr USA said it will be available in 2019.
View Quote
Watching with interest.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd be happy with an "all green" AUG (no black trigger, etc).

After all, what would Hans Gruber (with his clear preference for style ... guy used a HK P7 after all) say about these multi-colored AUGs?
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd be happy with an "all green" AUG (no black trigger, etc).

After all, what would Hans Gruber (with his clear preference for style ... guy used a HK P7 after all) say about these multi-colored AUGs?
View Quote
Hans didn't use the AUG, Karl did...
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#35]
In addition to the suppressed Breeze rifles, STEYR ARMS also announced 3 new stand alone suppressors. These Breezer suppressers are perfect for our line of rifles and include the MSD, OSD, and UMS. The one seen here is the UMS suppressor, intended for the Steyr AUG.
View Quote
=68.ARAz52EtmiT7y-2Yo4O7UC33YVpxxoYes5foSOcEGrEpu1y2dHs1BZZAP95q0FkZedZsIqTHzrCYeSqRfjB52fo0r0qj-89pX1A47TZrdtXlMvikvxXh1t2VPK14w78ghqlMWi-E9hf1vaAEA6aGCsAO55uZKY7Tuezy4jPxo9VCEzRfoVWiCAM&__tn__=-R]https://www.facebook.com/SteyrArmsUSA/posts/10156525689141259?__xts__

Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hans didn't use the AUG, Karl did...
View Quote
Yes indeed, but he was in charge of the merry band of corporate brigands.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#41]
For those that don't get email updates from Steyr, the two sites (Austria and USA) have now merged together and redirect to:

https://www.steyr-arms.com

Stuff's also on sale till Sunday.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Put in an order for some stuff on the site Thursday, and haven't heard much. Would've liked to hear my stuff had been sent out...
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Put in an order for some stuff on the site Thursday, and haven't heard much. Would've liked to hear my stuff had been sent out...
View Quote
I don't recall ever receiving shipping confirmation directly from Steyr, but I do get UPS updates that a package is inbound from Steyr. Check your junk mail folder?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For those that don't get email updates from Steyr, the two sites (Austria and USA) have now merged together and redirect to:

https://www.steyr-arms.com

Stuff's also on sale till Sunday.
View Quote
Didn't see any of the Corvus stuff on sale.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, the order was shipped, but there was no shipping info and the site still said processing. Got my enhanced mag release and the Gear Heads charging handle.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Has Steyr USA started making their own AUG barrels yet?  I heard it was coming but nothing since
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top