Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2011 9:55:55 PM EDT
just letting those concerned know that i called ratworx (after not being able to get ahold of anybody at msar for 2 days) for warranty work and they have treated me great.

ive only dealt with them in the past by purchasing an e4 stock.

my bolt was chipping, and they told me they would get a new one in the mail to me and to just send them mine after i get it.

pretty good customer service. they didnt say anything about it being their hybrid either, so im thinking they have a supply of factory parts.

i may think about ordering some spare parts from them WHILE I CAN GET THEM ANYWHERE

just giving anyone who cares a heads up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly if the decide to take the responsibility for support that would be great for us! I lf they were just doing this to help you out that is also a win because it just reinforces their excellent reputation for going above and beyond for the customer.

Either way Ratworx is an outstanding company to deal with!
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Chris at Ratworx is listed as an employee for MSAR, customer service manager and master armorer. Not sure if this is an indication of MSAR still doing warranty work or Ratworx filling in while MSAR is doing whatever they are doing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Chris at Ratworx is listed as an employee for MSAR, customer service manager and master armorer. Not sure if this is an indication of MSAR still doing warranty work or Ratworx filling in while MSAR is doing whatever they are doing.

MSAR Employee?

I noticed on the MSAR website that they show Chris under their Contact page with a Ratworx email and Ratworx physical address.......

You may be reading into things  
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Chris was trained by MSAR as a master armorer, but I am pretty sure he is only a Ratworx employee at this point.

Link Posted: 1/14/2011 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Edited, O/T.  HS

Link Posted: 1/14/2011 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris is good people and he knows the MSAR backwards and forwards. I'm glad they could help you out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MSAR Employee?

I noticed on the MSAR website that they show Chris under their Contact page with a Ratworx email and Ratworx physical address.......

You may be reading into things  

I believe the old website had more info on why he was there and a personal note from Chris, thats why i read it this way.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
just letting those concerned know that i called ratworx (after not being able to get ahold of anybody at msar for 2 days) for warranty work and they have treated me great.

my bolt was chipping, and they told me they would get a new one in the mail to me and to just send them mine after i get it.

pretty good customer service. they didnt say anything about it being their hybrid either, so im thinking they have a supply of factory parts.

i may think about ordering some spare parts from them WHILE I CAN GET THEM ANYWHERE

I contacted Ratworx Monday, about replacing a broken gas plug.  I was told that since the bullpup was over a year old it was no longer under warranty.  ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY.

I was told that they could send me a replacement for $25.  Great so I ask for two.  I was asked if I owned two bullpups.  No just one.  Well then we can just send you one.  Because they only have one in stock?

A broken gas plug not a big deal.
One year warranty I can deal with that.
Only being able to get one gas plug not good.  Not having small parts replacement kit not good.  To be fare I have not had a chance to get in touch with MSAR.  But from what I am seeing the replacement parts are not there.

This is the second time I have delt with Ratworx.  The first time they sent my mags to the wrong address.  So far I am not impressed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I contacted Ratworx Monday, about replacing a broken gas plug.  I was told that since the bullpup was over a year old it was no longer under warranty.  ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY.

I was told that they could send me a replacement for $25.  Great so I ask for two.  I was asked if I owned two bullpups.  No just one.  Well then we can just send you one.  Because they only have one in stock?

Only being able to get one gas plug not good.  Not having small parts replacement kit not good.  To be fare I have not had a chance to get in touch with MSAR.  But from what I am seeing the replacement parts are not there.

This is the second time I have delt with Ratworx.  The first time they sent my mags to the wrong address.  So far I am not impressed.

Did you buy it from Ratworx? If so I can see their side on a 1yr warranty but you would have to contact MSAR for their warranty.
I would say that they are selling you the gas plug at cost and that's why they will only send one. You could take the other and list it here for a profit. Sooooo that's my take on it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been unable to get in touch with MSAR.  I am still trying.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Go to MSARUSA.com and get a RA# when filling out your info put down what is going on and they will send you a RA# via your email. It's like pulling teeth waiting for it. When I had to get the # I ended up sending out for one 2 times each time. It was about a week for them to respond to it.

They will want you to send in the entire rifle so be prepared to spend about $40 for shipping via UPS. I had mine insured for $1,700 (price I paid for it).

Hope that helps.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the help.  I will give them a try.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for the help.  I will give them a try.

No problem..

Oh, and when typing your phone # in go 5555555555 not 555-555-5555. For some reason it wont accept the "-".
Also goes for your serial # of your weapon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
That was the problem I was having.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was the problem I was having.  Thanks again.

Glad to help!

I thought I would pull my hair out trying to get my info in the 1st time.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Ratworx is great to deal with and Chris knows all about the MSAR. Great guys!

Dr. H
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just spoke with Aaron at Ratworx the other day about gas plugs (had a question about the design of them), they have a limited number of spare gas plugs on hand at the moment.  Most everything else (save for firing pins) they have spares of, I am 99% sure the reason he would sell only one is they don't want to run out until they have more.  Without divulging too much, I know Ratworx has a lot of stuff they are working on and I suspect the spare parts bottleneck will eventually be taken care of.

As far as a wrong address, human beings occasionally make mistakes- I would be pretty surprised if Ratworx did not fix it right away.  A few months ago I was boxing up two orders and accidentally got the labels swapped on them and got one angry and one calm  phone call 3 days later, once I figured out what happened both guys were pretty understanding.  When you ship lots of orders all day long, once in a while things can get goofed- phone orders can be especially hard when you are getting an address and might mishear a number or misunderstand what someone says.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to MSARUSA.com and get a RA# when filling out your info put down what is going on and they will send you a RA# via your email. It's like pulling teeth waiting for it. When I had to get the # I ended up sending out for one 2 times each time. It was about a week for them to respond to it.

They will want you to send in the entire rifle so be prepared to spend about $40 for shipping via UPS. I had mine insured for $1,700 (price I paid for it).

Hope that helps.

F that. I sent my  stock and that's all they got.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just spoke with Aaron at Ratworx the other day about gas plugs (had a question about the design of them), they have a limited number of spare gas plugs on hand at the moment.  Most everything else (save for firing pins) they have spares of, I am 99% sure the reason he would sell only one is they don't want to run out until they have more.  Without divulging too much, I know Ratworx has a lot of stuff they are working on and I suspect the spare parts bottleneck will eventually be taken care of.

As far as a wrong address, human beings occasionally make mistakes- I would be pretty surprised if Ratworx did not fix it right away.  A few months ago I was boxing up two orders and accidentally got the labels swapped on them and got one angry and one calm  phone call 3 days later, once I figured out what happened both guys were pretty understanding.  When you ship lots of orders all day long, once in a while things can get goofed- phone orders can be especially hard when you are getting an address and might mishear a number or misunderstand what someone says.  

Like sending the love letter to the electric utility and the bill to the girl friend.  I make mistakes all the time.  Yes they fixed the mistake.  If that is the case I wish they would of tried to explain the circumstances to me.  To be fare I received the part this weak.  And it cost $20 for the plug and $3 for shipping.  A good deal.  I cheaked PJ web site and a Steyr gas plug cost $85 ouch.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helps.

I understand, if it is just a stock issue. But when there is a mfg problem like my bolt and carrier they need the complete rifle to test fire after the repair.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope that helps.

I understand, if it is just a stock issue. But when there is a mfg problem like my bolt and carrier they need the complete rifle to test fire after the repair.

fair enough!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top