Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 10:30:53 AM EDT
Alright,
What do you all use to protect the stock from getting brass "kisses"?  If possible, I'd like something that's also easily removable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
self adhesive velcro
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I had velcro on mine until I ran it through its paces and decided it was a keeper.  Once I hit that point I pulled the velcro off and let the character marks commence.  Shows that it's a rifle that gets some use, not a safe queen.  Sack up!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I tear a peice of the ammo box and apply it to the stock behind the ejection port with masking tape. I take it off when I am through. If you want to get fancy there is this which would allow a transition to weak side.
Manticore arms brass buster.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have found that the textured rubber grip stickers sold to add grip to pmags works great.  The textured appearance matches the texture of the rifle and the ejecting brass leaves no marks.  I cut two to completely fill the texturized area behind the ejection port on my E4.  They look new after 2K rounds and not a mark on the gun from the brass.  These are what I am talking about:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=792

Striper1

Edited to fix link.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont shoot it
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't worry about it. You're not gonna sell it anyway....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
That's why there is texturing on the E4 stock area behind the port.  It is to mask the marks and does a pretty good job compared to the smoothe area on the STG stocks.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot mine naked, then added some fuzzy velcro. Soon, I hope to use that velcro to secure a brass deflector...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't use anything.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had velcro on mine until I ran it through its paces and decided it was a keeper.  Once I hit that point I pulled the velcro off and let the character marks commence.  Shows that it's a rifle that gets some use, not a safe queen.  Sack up!  

This.
Tomac

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
question: does the AUG do this too?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
question: does the AUG do this too?

Yes. It's really not a big deal. It sounds worse than it actually is. These aren't lace doilies. Character is a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
its a gun.....its suposed to get dinged up
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw a guy who had a piece of velcro on his AR brass deflector, so it wouldn't get dinged up.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny thing is I never really gave this any thought previously. Like MadDogDan said, I think the textured stock lends itself to disguising any brass marks. I've never really noticed any on my E4, but maybe it was because I was never really looking before. Perhaps I will look into the Velcro or the textured rubber suggestions if I don't like the brass buster. Thanks for the suggestions...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Just get a piece of green, tan, or black 100 mph/duct tape from your surplus store, peel and stick.  Works great , cheap, and matches the stock colors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top