Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 6:08:29 PM EDT
I was given this.  Anyone had luck with it in 9mm and 5.56?Attachment Attached File

I guess the pistol powder is faster than CFEPistol and the rifle is a bit faster than ARComp from looking at their load data.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hearing it's good stuff. Looking forward to getting the Clean Shot or Ultimate Pistol to try.
Nice score  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never used either of those type of powders, but use there precision. I get very very good results with it in 223 and 308. I was gonna try the clean shot but titegroop was cheaper so I just reupped with titegroop.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Good see initial feedback is so positive.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Cleanshot for 9mm and 45acp. Works well. Have not used AR Plus but I do use Shooters World Tactical rifle and Match rifle for 5.56. Match rifle is one of my favorites for Hornady 68gr BTHP's. Likewise with Tactical rifle for Hornady 75gr BTHP. I've got some more on the way from Midsouth.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Clean Shot in 9mm, it's what a ton of USPSA shooters in my area use.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I use clean shot in 9mm and 40sw.   It burns clean .  Hence the name .  Low flash .

Meters well .   And if I had to say it's a little bit slower than Bullseye .  But that's just a guess.

gd
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
No experience on either of those, but I've been loving the "Major Pistol" powder from SW. Awesome stuff for 9mm, 10mm and 357 mag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up an 8lb jug of sw match rifle the other day should be extremely similar to a2520 also a buddy of mine has mainly switched from varget to sw precision rifle. Its good powder
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
If you go to facebook and go to shooters world propellent shooters group...There is a study from Shooters on there comparing H335 to AR-plus.

IIRC 24.2 grains of AR-Plus was Equivalent to 25 Grains of H335 - Don't take my word for it however.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
It's good stuff, just a sleeper brand. Take your time working up loads, I found their data a but lackluster but it's a start
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you go to facebook and go to shooters world propellent shooters group...There is a study from Shooters on there comparing H335 to AR-plus.

IIRC 24.2 grains of AR-Plus was Equivalent to 25 Grains of H335 - Don't take my word for it however.
View Quote

My uncle loaded some and found it a little hotter than expected.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My uncle loaded some and found it a little hotter than expected.
View Quote

I messaged a guy who is an OEM regarding 55gr fmj and he was nice enough to give me intel:

"I'd run 24 or 24.5 gr of 73.04.  24.5 gr is pretty hot.  Closer 3100 fps.  Best accuracy is probably  around 2900.  
Assuming your rifles are gassed right. Itll cycle at 22 or 22.5 gr"
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I messaged a guy who is an OEM and he was nice enough to give me intel:

"I'd run 24 or 24.5 gr of 73.04.  24.5 gr is pretty hot.  Closer 3100 fps.  Best accuracy is probably  around 2900.  
Assuming your rifles are gassed right. Itll cycle at 22 or 22.5 gr"
View Quote

55gr?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

55gr?
View Quote

Yes - edited post
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Clean shots good in 9mm and all I use in 45acp now

I picked up a bunch of SW powder when they were still doing free hazmat. It's good stuff, but wish midsouth still let you backorder it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Brother bought some SW Precision Rifle. Said it's supposed to be camparble to Varget.

Wants to try it out using some 75gr Hornaday HPBT bullets.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Precision is a touch slower than varget.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I worked up a 62gr load with AR+.  

25gr worked great and I am still under their published loads.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been searching the internet all day and glad I found this which lead to the FB group. Grafs had some AR plus in stock this morning so I ordered 8#. I have been mainly using H335 and it's been OOS everywhere. Grafs is saying up to 4-5 weeks to ship for powder orders, so I don't expect to test anytime soon. I do plan to test it in .308 as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I picked up a few pounds of it a week or two from a local reloading shop.  The guy there (strictly reloading store) spoke very, very highly of the stuff.  Was advising I put back the 8-10lbs of Hogdodon, VV, and Alliant powders I'd put on the counter and swap it out for Shooters World.  

Said he actually prefers their powders, and the prices were a decent bit cheaper.  Since it was new, and the other stuff is already a known quantity...I just picked up some extra SW powder to mess around with.  Worst case, I don't love it...but it'll still go bang.  One I'm particularly looking forward to is their "Major Pistol" and "Heavy Pistol" -both of which will be used for putting together some spicy 9mm ammo.  Recently found a bunch of JHP bullets that need a home
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I picked up a few pounds of it a week or two from a local reloading shop.  The guy there (strictly reloading store) spoke very, very highly of the stuff.  Was advising I put back the 8-10lbs of Hogdodon, VV, and Alliant powders I'd put on the counter and swap it out for Shooters World.  

Said he actually prefers their powders, and the prices were a decent bit cheaper.  Since it was new, and the other stuff is already a known quantity...I just picked up some extra SW powder to mess around with.  Worst case, I don't love it...but it'll still go bang.  One I'm particularly looking forward to is their "Major Pistol" and "Heavy Pistol" -both of which will be used for putting together some spicy 9mm ammo.  Recently found a bunch of JHP bullets that need a home
View Quote

You will really like the Major Pistol. I just got another 8lbs of it in. Think of it as a knock off Blue Dot. It meters wonderfully and shoots clean and accurate. Shooters World powders is probably the best powder for the money these days if you are willing to develop your own loads.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You will really like the Major Pistol. I just got another 8lbs of it in. Think of it as a knock off Blue Dot. It meters wonderfully and shoots clean and accurate. Shooters World powders is probably the best powder for the money these days if you are willing to develop your own loads.
View Quote

They've got pretty good loads listed on their load info PDF as does Lovex. They also have good comparisons to other powder.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been searching the internet all day and glad I found this which lead to the FB group. Grafs had some AR plus in stock this morning so I ordered 8#. I have been mainly using H335 and it's been OOS everywhere. Grafs is saying up to 4-5 weeks to ship for powder orders, so I don't expect to test anytime soon. I do plan to test it in .308 as well.
View Quote

I placed an order in Jan & it took a full month for it to ship.  I'd placed an order last fall where they were also saying 4+ weeks but it shipped in about 2 weeks, so it seems they are falling further behind.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I placed an order in Jan & it took a full month for it to ship.  I'd placed an order last fall where they were also saying 4+ weeks but it shipped in about 2 weeks, so it seems they are falling further behind.
View Quote

Crazy when you consider they haven't had powder. They must have gotten a huge shipment to take that long to get it all out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#27]
They have nothing I need in stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#28]
My Graf's order shipped in 3 weeks. Should have it this week sometime. Jumped on there are was able to grab 6 pounds of SW Tactical Rifle just now. No clue when I'll get me bench setup again and test some ammo, but I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#29]
It's made by the company that produced the original Accurate powders. Lovett, I think. VERY good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's made by the company that produced the original Accurate powders. Lovett, I think. VERY good stuff.
View Quote

Made by Lovex. They did used to make a bunch of Accurate's powders from what I am reading. Graf's got another drop today and I was able to get an 8# jug of Tactical rifle and an 8# jug of match rifle ordered. Hopefully I like them
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I recently did a work up of SW Major Pistol in 9mm with a 124 gr Speer TMJ.

7.4 gr was the best charge weight, on the top end of SW’s published data. COL between 1.130” & 1.145” gave really nice 10 shot groups at 25 yards in my Shadow Systems MR920, my M&P with Apex barrel and my B&T APC9.

The “listed” COL of 1.100” was not that great, but groups tightened up a bunch at the lengths I noted.

I did not chrono, but I’d bet it’s close to factory Speer Lawman which uses this bullet I believe.

Do your own work ups of course...

ZA

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top