Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 12:22:53 AM EDT
Well I thought I had a thread bookmarked with the information I was looking for...apparently not...

I have been waiting for back orders or stuff to come in stock.  I guess I am tired of waiting so going to go off the reservation.  My plan to prep my brass was:

Press is a Dillion XL-750

1. FW Arms universal decapper (probably run on a single stage Lee classic before I hit the tumbler just to keep my main press clean) so this step is to lube brass
2. Swagit
3. Forester FL sizing die without the decapper (here is the problem)
4. Sinclair turning or expander mandrel- depending on which chamber the round might be for
5. Various ways of trimming depending on cartridge - some on the press others off

I am not sure when the Forester FL sizing dies will be back in stock.  I hear before all this that being out of stock was common but now there is no telling when I might see it in stock.  It seems my options could be to use a Redding bushing die and use it as a FL sizing die (I can at least back order and a few are in stock) and not sure if the Forester bushing die you can become a FL sizing die only (I assume it can but want to make sure before I purchase).  It seems both brands are G2G and if I can do this will get me up and running faster but not exactly how I planned this to go.  

Any other suggestions are appreciated.  My other question is for people doing annealing, I assume before the FL sizing die but maybe some do it last before loading.  I haven't looked at it but a few times but my memory is foggy.  That is way down the road though.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Lee Decapper

2. SWAGE-IT

3. DILLON RT1500 trimmer / sizer

4. Redding neck sizer.

------tumble in 20/40 grit to remove home brew case lube "for cheap bastards"

next toolhead.

1.Lyman M-die.

2. Dillon powder measure

3. power check system

4. seater

5. optional crimp die ( not used on match bullets)

here's toolhead #1 processing brass.  ( toolhead #2 operation looks just like pistol loading)

DILLON XL650 RT1200 SWAGE IT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top