Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:58:40 PM EDT
I was wondering how they work with the Lock N Load press. Any issues? Thanks for your reply!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I've loaded  20k+  9mm with Lee dies (carbide) on a Hornady LnL Progressive, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Lee makes good dies I use a Dillon but my frist die is a Lee U die and the last is a fcd.  Works very well for me
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Just fine.
I find the Lee expander just barely adequate for over sized .358" cast and/or coated bullets. Actually using a 38S&W insert.
I'll probably pick up a Hornady PTX for 9mm one day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
In general, loading dies are interchangeable among all the various press manufacturers.  They should all have the standard 7/8-14 thread, which is the biggest thing.  50 BMG dies are NOT 7/8" dies, but that's the only real exception I can think of.

One thing that MAY be a problem is the length of the dies compared to the thickness of the die deck of the press.  The LnL AP has a pretty thick deck, so some dies - particularly for short cases - may not quite do the job.  It's not the dies, as such, just the length the press needs for the die to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top