Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 5:24:52 AM EDT
I will mostly be loading slugs(Lee cast 1oz) and heavy shot(00). I will probably end up trying some light(#7) shot as well. What are some recommended manuals?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The Handbook of Shotshell Reloading by SKR used to be the best manual out there IMO.  Now it is dated and the Winchester hulls and powders have all changed.  

Best current manual is the Lyman for my money.  Has good cut away drawings to help you identify your shotshells.

hth,
dcat

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Lyman's Shotshell manual is a good one and recommended plus check out Ballistic Products BPI manuals. A lot of BPI data uses their own wads and hulls meaning you buy from them. They also have all the tools you would need to manufacture some slug loads.http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Loading-Manuals/products/16/
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Lyman all the way, has everything.

sdshooter.............
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top