Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 4:30:33 PM EDT
and have a question. what does this look like it reads?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
well to me it reads 43 grains- I ask this because I just loaded my first cartridge and I can not hear or feel the powder move when I shake it . is this normal?

Max. charge is 46 gr. so I went with 43 sound right?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like 45.0gr to me. Looks like you have to use the small parts as the pointers, not the flat blade portion.

EDIT: If you look, the notches stop at zero. Whatever lines up with those marks when the slider is moved all the way to the right will tell you for sure. It does look like 43.0, the more I look at it.

Can the vertical blade be moved all the way over to the 10gr setting?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
the black blade in the middle is sitting on 40. the 1 grn. blade is at 3 and the t3nth of a grn. is set at 0.

but when I poured the powder into the cases and seated the bullet i cannot hear any pwder moving when I shake the cartridge
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

the black blade in the middle is sitting on 40. the 1 grn. blade is at 3 and the t3nth of a grn. is set at 0.

but when I poured the powder into the cases and seated the bullet i cannot hear any pwder moving when I shake the cartridge

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. If it fills up a decent portion of the case, you won't be able to hear much.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I can see powder(Varget) almost up into the case neck. is that normal?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Never used a drop tube. What does it do a regular funnel doesn't?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top