Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 4:33:28 PM EDT
I read it as saying this is new Winchester brass . It came yesterday and its a mixes of mil. brass that been decrimped Fed., L.C and different years. I thought I would get it to reload the brass. My pet load is for comm.brass. what does the Hive say? Do you think it says its Winchester brass or did I mess up again.
 P.S I called them yesterday and was told they were out to lunch and they would call me back when they got back in .I waited for the phone call and never heard a word from them so I sent a email and got a kind of snotty reply sayings he was at doctors and would call me tomorrow. Well I did not get the phone call.

http://www.tacticalammunition.com/350-pcs-308-168gr-HPBT-MATCH-Ammo-NEW-BRASS-168gr-HPBT-MATCH-Ammo.htm

Link made hot.  AeroE

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I read that the same way you did. Has the crimp in the primer pockets been reamed?  Could it be on new brass just not Windchester ?  If its on once fired brass thats not new production ammo
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it looks to have been mil. pull down. Brass crimp looks to be reamed but I am new to reloading so i may be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a case of 9mm that came from there from a bulk buy on another site and when I got it, it said factory seconds and I was PO'd. I was never told it was FS. Some of the brass isn't listed anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I read the ad the same as you, New Winchester brass.  If what they  shipped you is not New Winchester brass ammo, they need to make it right.

Have them exchange it or return it at their cost.  Be gentle but firm.

Just my $.02.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
You definitely didn't get what you paid for. It definitely says new winchester brass. I've heard that is a reliable vendor and I think they'll make it right. I recently made a purchase from them and had good communications and quick shipping with no problems. Were friendly and helpful per my phone conversation.  I wouldn't be happy with fired brass when I wanted new brass to shoot and to reload.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at your invoice, what does it say?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Invoice says NEW BRASS to me that is brass that has never been loaded or resized. It is not new. If they had called me back like they said they would, I would have never put this in public
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Let us know how it turns out.

It definitely says "New Winchester brass"

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let us know how it turns out.

It definitely says "New Winchester brass"

+1, And let us know what "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed" really means.
Literally added this vendor to my S-List. Your reply will determine if it stays or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we have a picture of the headstamps? It sounds like they screwed you over, possibly a simple mistake. Or maybe it is new brass, and they didnt realize they promised winchester brass.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I will try to post pics tonight
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok the replacements came in today . There made with NEW Winchester brass like the ad. said . They look great . So they made it right .  There back to being good togo in my book . Thanks for all the input on this matter.

Ok they emailed me today and said they ran out of Winchester and they have not change the ad. But they would send me Winchester and it would be a few days .I  asked them to send me a return tag to return the ones I have and have not heard back from them . So that's were we are at right now. Waiting  to hear about the shipping. Here are a few pics, you can not see it very well but the L.C. looks like it has blue or black sealant on them.

http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab107/scottsfla/?action=view¤t=3082.jpg
http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab107/scottsfla/?action=view¤t=untitled.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top