Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 7:28:19 PM EDT
I just set-up my new RCBS Chargmaster Combo, and started throwing charges - THIS IS THE BEST INVENTION EVER!   Fast and precise, so far I love it!

The only problem I'm having is static.  The powder sticks to the clear hopper tube, the inside of the hopper, the pan, my powder funnel, and the necks of the cases.  (Win 296 powder, very fine stuff).  

I tried washing the tube with dishsoap, and letting it dry, and I tried wiping the pan and my funnel with a drier sheet.  Powder still sticks.  Anything I can do about this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you ground something thats plastic?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Normal problem with the Chargemaster.  I could not even get the scale to settle down until I rubbed it down with dryer sheets.  Rub inside the powder hopper, the breeze shield and the powder catch tray support.  No way to ground plastic other than to make it conductive to bleed off the charge that builds up.
In the past at electronic shows we always had cushy carpets to be easy on the feet for ourselves and visitors to our booth.  We would shut off the equipment first (don't ask me why I know) and use a spray to cover the carpets.  For very troublesome situations you can probably find this type of product on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How do you ground something thats plastic?

You cannot unless the plastic is loaded with something conductive.

The best you can do is try dryer sheets and dish-washing detergent left to dry, and hope it leaves a conductive enough layer to bleed of static charge.

You could try wrapping the plastic in aluminum foil and grounding the foil, but if the static is on the inner surface it will not have much affect.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
It's defective... I'll give you 5 bucks for it.

Kidding kidding, Dryer sheets work fine on my end as stated in the thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top