Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:14:43 AM EDT
Thoughts, info, and links would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Useable for what? Reforming to to 6.5 Creedmore?

I don't know, but your results will probably be better if you buy the correct brass to begin with. LMT's .308 is new to the market and I think just great in .308. I would put 6000+ rounds down the tube in .308 before considering a caliber change.

6.5 Creedmore will really shine in a dedicated long range bolt action rifle, as far as semi-auto feeding and function, I think you're breaking new ground if you decide to go that way. Very few semi-auto rifles have ever been chambered for it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Useable for what? Reforming to to 6.5 Creedmore?

I don't know, but your results will probably be better if you buy the correct brass to begin with. LMT's .308 is new to the market and I think just great in .308. I would put 6000+ rounds down the tube in .308 before considering a caliber change.

6.5 Creedmore will really shine in a dedicated long range bolt action rifle, as far as semi-auto feeding and function, I think you're breaking new ground if you decide to go that way. Very few semi-auto rifles have ever been chambered for it.

Can't wait for my MWS to arrive... plan to run it like a carbine with aimpoint and 16" CL barrel and battlecomp... ill be putting plenty of 308 down range.  My plan has been to use the inherent caliber change ability of the MWS to go with 20" creedmoor as a superior flat shooting long distance round.  I could certainly plan to get the 18" 308 stainless that LMT will soon come out with but think 20" 6.5 Creedmore would be superior for the LD role.  DPMS has been selling AR rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with 24" barrels for some time now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Just use the Hornady brass from the get go......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top