Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2010 3:47:22 AM EDT
can anyone link me to the thread that talks about this/gives tools?
my searches have given me squat!
tia
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#2]
None of those are really needed. Just screw your die down til it touches the shellholder and then another 1/4 turn. It sizes all the way down get a case gage you will see.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
To the poster ahead of me: can I do this on an lnl or should I use a single stagen which I also have?
Thanks you all!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]

G-rx redding base sizing set up . works great !
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't say for sure on an lnl. I load on a single stage and I use Lee dies. I don't see why it wouldn't work on an lnl bit that's how I adjust all of my dies when resizing. I use a case gage on 40 when resizing to make sure the bulge is gone. After that first time if you use mild loads it shouldn't be a problem again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using the EGW Undersize Reloading Die for my .40 Limited gun now for 5+ years. It's one less step..so it works well for me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
None of those are really needed. Just screw your die down til it touches the shellholder and then another 1/4 turn. It sizes all the way down get a case gage you will see.

Don't do a lot of Glocks I see

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#8]
trust me I have tried it all once........As soon as the base ovals out the push through is the only one that will get this stright so the brass will feed in my guns with tight chamber tolerances .
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't do a lot of Glocks I see

How do you see?

I have loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds in pistol cals, without any of the tools listed above. I have never had a single complaint from any of my customers about chambering issues. I simply use a Dillon carbide sizing die.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I have no choice but to load a lot for Glocks. That's all I own a 17,19,21,22, and 27 and that's how I do it. It all fits in a case gage just fine. As well as all the PD brass I pick up. Buy and use whatever you want I was just saying what I use.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey I hate to point this out but..... yeah they all have glock chambers? try shooting some of that ammo out of a S&W 4006 or 4013 hell my g23 with the kkm barrel is way too tight with out base sizing...I own a few glocks all gen3 23,27,20sf I had a gen one 17 and 23 back in the 90's but sold them after a KB in my G23

Quoted:

I have no choice but to load a lot for Glocks. That's all I own a 17,19,21,22, and 27 and that's how I do it. It all fits in a case gage just fine. As well as all the PD brass I pick up. Buy and use whatever you want I was just saying what I use.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey I hate to point this out but..... yeah they all have glock chambers? try shooting some of that ammo out of a S&W 4006 or 4013 hell my g23 with the kkm barrel is way too tight with out base sizing...I own a few glocks all gen3 23,27,20sf I had a gen one 17 and 23 back in the 90's but sold them after a KB in my G23
Quoted:

No they are mixed with LWD, KKM ,and stock Glock barrels. Hey what works for one might not for another. That doesnt mean Im right and someone else is wrong. Adjusting dies to where they should be is a cheap solution if it doesnt work he can try something else. To me .45 is the harder to size for from range pick ups because there are so many different cut chambers out there and there is no push through die for .45 but thats just my opinion.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
To recap;

Redding makes a G-Xr die that removes 100% of the Glock bulge. It's what I use. It takes considerable force to resize the case, a stout single stage press works best. They come with a little jar of Imperial Sizing Die Wax, it will last around 3500 cases before you need to get more. I used Hornady's case sizing lube instead. It's their reddish/brown sizing wax and it's really too thick for anything other than G-Xr duty with .40 Glocked brass. It cut the work load almost half when compared to the Imperial. That's really saying something, because Imperial is good stuff.  

Redding has just come our with a carbide model of the G-Xr. It costs more but is probably worth it. I'm sure much less effort is needed compared to the original G-Xr die.

Lee just announced they are releasing a similar product to Reddings, however, they are making it in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45ACP.  This will allow you to get any off these calibers back to a useable dimension. Lee always costs less.

EGW (Evolution Gun Works) sells special Lee dies that are .001" undersized in various calibers. It's been reported to work as well.

I use the Redding G-Xr followed by the EGW-U undersized Lee resizing die. This virtually guarantees as new case dimensions. I have encountered zero problems using this set up. It probably is overkill, but I don't want any chambering issues with my Glock.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I use basic RCBS Carbide dies for my Glocks in .40, and 9x19mm, never had a problem getting them resized properly and loaded.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 3:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
so far it's just a g19 that's reaking all the havoc! i have an lwd barrel for that one but haven't had any issues from a g23 upper i bought.
now, can anyone tell me how i can save the post that has all the info about the different deglocking dies in case i want to try something else?

oh and thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I load for a G 22,23 and 27.  I use an RCBS carbide die set and simply full length size the brass as described above.  Never had an issue with chambering.  I just dropped 100 loaded cartridges I loaded last night from once fired range brass into a case guage and every one fit just fine.  If you are loading for a pistol with reliabilty/tight chamber issues you may need to do extra reloading steps to get glock brass to work.  For me I just choose not to own pistols that are that picky.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
now, can anyone tell me how i can save the post that has all the info about the different deglocking dies in case i want to try something else?

subscribe to it or bookmark it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I just sorted over 3k of reloads.

I sorted for lone wolf barrel.

Then the Glock barrel

Then resized with a lee sizing die turned down to the top of the ram.

Some of the rounds would not fit the Glock barrel even after the resize.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I reload Glock brass in 9mm and .45 without using any special dies and all my rounds pass the case gauge test.  My .45 loads are reliable in both my G21 and Colt XSE.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/Reloading/gpx.jpg

G-rx redding base sizing set up . works great !

I might need one of those for 9 and 40.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To recap;

Redding makes a G-Xr die that removes 100% of the Glock bulge. It's what I use. It takes considerable force to resize the case, a stout single stage press works best. They come with a little jar of Imperial Sizing Die Wax, it will last around 3500 cases before you need to get more. I used Hornady's case sizing lube instead. It's their reddish/brown sizing wax and it's really too thick for anything other than G-Xr duty with .40 Glocked brass. It cut the work load almost half when compared to the Imperial. That's really saying something, because Imperial is good stuff.  

Redding has just come our with a carbide model of the G-Xr. It costs more but is probably worth it. I'm sure much less effort is needed compared to the original G-Xr die.

Lee just announced they are releasing a similar product to Reddings, however, they are making it in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45ACP.  This will allow you to get any off these calibers back to a useable dimension. Lee always costs less.

EGW (Evolution Gun Works) sells special Lee dies that are .001" undersized in various calibers. It's been reported to work as well.

I use the Redding G-Xr followed by the EGW-U undersized Lee resizing die. This virtually guarantees as new case dimensions. I have encountered zero problems using this set up. It probably is overkill, but I don't want any chambering issues with my Glock.

Lee 's Bulge Buster dies can be had in 7 calibers so far...but .9mm isn't one of them....yet.  Rumour is that they are working on a similar product that can handle the .9mm's tapered case.  Bulge Buster calibers here
Lee's products are made to be used with their factory crimp dies.  I prefer the separate tool that Redding makes.  That way I don't have to be changing/adjusting the crimp die.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

subscribe to it or bookmark it.

Either of the above works great, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy, cut and paste them into a Word doc. (highlight the addresses, control-c, start a Word document, then control-v will paste them in.)  Name and save the Word doc to your desktop.  Then when you open that doc, just control-click on one of the addresses and it goes there.  Once you know where the Urls take you, edit the Word doc to identify each address...or even add more addresses from other posts.

The nice thing about this method is you can have lots of info organized, even added to, and always just a click away from your desktop. It just automatically uses your default browser.

I often highlight an url at the top of a page (like this page) and control-c (copy) it.(if' it's something I don't want to have to search for later.) and paste it into my "AR15.com"-named Word file on my desktop.  Then I don't even have to go to the browser, then to Ar15.com.  I just "control-click" it and I'm at that page...or any other I'm following. I guess you could say I'm "subscribed", but I'm not.

P.S. If an url isn't recognized as one by Word in the doc, just highlight it, then INSERT-HYPERLINK at the menu and it will change it to one.

BTW, I use the Redding product and it works great...that said, if the brass too disfigured, though the tool still works, I toss it.  It's just that I question whether the brass is permanently weakened...and therefore risky to use.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
i used the 'crank down the sizer/decapper die' and it worked fine. well, there were a couple that made it to the scrap bucket but only a few!
since it was only my g19 factory barrels that were causing issues i have replaced them and am hoping to have a good report from the range today-last day before the monkeys get out of school.
i say monkees because my 9yo is a monkey. she just learned how to cup her armpit and fart(i remember doing that). also, she figured out how to do it behind her knee!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To recap;

Lee 's Bulge Buster dies can be had in 7 calibers so far...but .9mm isn't one of them....yet.  Rumour is that they are working on a similar product that can handle the .9mm's tapered case.  Bulge Buster calibers here
Lee's products are made to be used with their factory crimp dies.  I prefer the separate tool that Redding makes.  That way I don't have to be changing/adjusting the crimp die.

Lee lists .380 as one of their "Bulge Buster Dies", this should be the same size as 9mm.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To recap;

Lee lists .380 as one of their "Bulge Buster Dies", this should be the same size as 9mm.

Not at all the same, because the 9mm case is tapered.  The taper is the problem, and is why Lee will have to create another design to handle it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top