Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:53:55 PM EDT
Anyone own one of these.  I'm slowly building up my reloading stuff and have only reloaded 50 rounds of .223 to date.

I dusted off all my stuff and then went to Cabelas to look around.  I have about 5K pieces of .223 once fired that I need to size and was thinking the little lyman gauge would be better at measuring the cases that either do or don't need trimmed than my calipers doing it one at a time.

Any opinions of this cheap little piece?  Worth adding to my supplies?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
What Aero said. You can use your calipers as depicted in the diagram by simply setting the desired length and locking the thumbwheel.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one somewhere. It works fine for case length but you will still want a good caliper and then you won't need it anymore.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I would get a pair of calipers and a dillon case gauge Link
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't waste your money on that gauge. You will need a caliper also.

There are many things a 6" caliper will do for you.

Like measure case webs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top