Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:52:15 PM EDT
Well I have one of those Ruger Blackhawks that converts from 38/357 to 9mm. I've been shooting some of the Wolf steel case 115 gr. 9mm FMJ in it for awhile and it shoot really decent groups at 25'.

I've had a set of RCBS 9mm dies for awhile but now I'm just getting around to reloading for it,I picked up a box of the Berry's plated bullets last week and I plan on working up some loads. I have a bunch of mixed brass I picked up at the range already sized primed and flared.

I looked through several of my reloading manuals and nobody list a 115 gr. lead bullet load,I'm going to start out with Bullseye powder at 3.5 grs. and work up till I find an accurate load,from what I gather 4.2 grs of Bullseye is about MAX?

I plan on using the Wolf rd. to set my OAL since that seems to shoot so well in the revolver. If any of you have experience with this bullet using Bullseye or W231 some starting and MAX data would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Lyman #47 (the new one) has lead bullet data for 9mm.

I use 1.14 OAL for a 115 gr RN.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
115 GR. LRN  Winchester  231  .356"  1.100"  4.3  1079  28,400 CUP  4.8  1135  32,000 CUP  
Copy and pasted from Hodgdon.com. Didn't see any Bullseye listed, but I'd still check out the website.

I'd also suggest working up some 147gr loads as my Blackhawk with the 9mm conversion cylinder seems to shoot really well with them. Hornady XTPs were what I used specifically.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Well it quit raining long enough to let me staple a target up on the board,I fired five rds. through the Blackhawk to get the gun oil out of the bore and put the next five in the target.

I think I like the 3.5 grs. of Bullseye,I may load it up a few more tenths to see if it tighten up any but I'm plenty happy with this for a 9mm out of a 38 bore,I have my sights set up for the 357 magnum loads so I can compensate for that as long as I'm on center.

2" C to C 5 shotgroup.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like they shot pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top