Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:21:23 PM EDT
Got some Zero 9mm 115gr FMJ's and some Alliant Power Pistol at the show today.

I already have 2K+ primed cases ready to go

Commence reloading!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
PICS............
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...

Max load for Power Pistol with a 115 gr FMJ is 6.7
Less: 10% for a starting load = 6.03

we'll do 6-7 rounds of each

Here's what a friend had to say about Alliant Power Pistol and Zero bullets:

"Nice choice on Power Pistol.  This is one of the most forgiving powders when it comes to high pressure cartridge reloading (9 mm, .40, 357 Sig, 10 mm), and I can easily get NATO-spec 9 mm loads, using standard pressure (1200 fps, 124 grainer, with just 6.4 grains).

The only two disadvantages to it, are that it produces a bright white flash, and that it makes more noise than other powders do.  I had some 10 mm loads that were launching out 180 grainers at 1200 fps, and people swore that my Glock 20 made more noise than the next guy's .41 magnum.  As the shooter, though, that never bothered me, since I have good hearing protection.

It meters exceptionally consistently, and it's a finely cut flake, so you get consistent metering each time.

It burns very cleanly in the higher pressure cartridges.  I generally don't use it in the lower pressure cartridges (.38 Special, .45 ACP), unless I'm loading for more velocity, since in those cartridges, it may leave a bit more unburnt powder.  Still performs very consistently, though.

On the burn speed scale, it's a bit slower than Unique, and a bit faster than the Blue Dot / AA #7 range.

Zero bullets are excellent. Once I get back into IDPA, I'll probably hop aboard the bullet train as well."

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
In 9mm, I am getting good results with Power Pistol and Sierra's 130 gr FMJ.

You are going to like Power Pistol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
it is not true.....since there are no pics, this is just a dream...........
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
What? My pics of my 9mm SWC ammo isn't enough?

Sheesh....
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually I was looking to go to the fun show and buy a pound of Universal Clays for the purpose of having some softer-shooting ammo. However, in the interest of saving three dollars I went with Power Pistol.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm interested with your outcome. I put some 38 & 357's together with PP (the only powder I could find at the time). I like it in the 38 with 125 gr XTP's, but in the 357 I'm working with 2400 now. I have no experience with 9mm, but today I'm going to learn. I got a box of 124 gr Rainer's RN to start with, some Starline Brass and the PP. 9mm bullets seem to be far and few between right now. I'll keep an eye on this to see how you do, I think you'll like the PP.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I was looking to go to the fun show and buy a pound of Universal Clays for the purpose of having some softer-shooting ammo. However, in the interest of saving three dollars I went with Power Pistol.

I would hunt for a light load that will still operate the pistol for plinking and general entertainment at a lower charge weight, too.

I had no luck finding powder I wanted at the gun show yesterday.  I found a used Square Deal B with two sets of dies and three measures (with two reservoirs ) for $400; I didn't jump on that deal.  My bundle of pipe cleaners cost me $8 with the entry fee added.

Don't those guys know what a SDB is going for at a fun show?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shot some work up loads today.

9mm, 115 gr Montana Gold FMJ, Magtech 1 1/2, Win brass, and Power Pistol.

6.6 grs PP shot best in my CZ.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
it is not true.....since there are no pics, this is just a dream...........

It's not a dream.

80 rounds of newly reloaded 9mm goodness...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice job!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top