Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:15:37 PM EDT
So they finally got primers in and some other powders.  Girl on the phone told me that they're almost all caught up on backorders.

So the really good news in all that is I think the tide is starting to shift.  I think by the end of 2009 things may be back to normal.

I only bought 5k small rifle and 5k large rifle primers.  I resisted the temptation to go batshit crazy ordering a "stockpile".

Unless some anti-gun bills go through I'm going to give it a rest until things "settle down" then build up my supplies to where they should be......so I never get in the position I'm in now.

I now realize it's not unreasonable to have 40K plus primers on hand
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they'll have Hornady 55gr FMJ in stock...someday...
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maybe they'll have Hornady 55gr FMJ in stock...someday...

Midway has had winchester 55FMJ in stock for some time now.

For plinking and 3-gun it's a great round/price.   Loaded right (and if you get a meplat uniformer) it can shoot ragged holes at 100 yards.  Lot of bullet prep work though (as there can be up to 1.5 grains weight difference in some of the batches)

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, my brand loyalty is killing me now.... waiting for 168gr hornady instead of just nabbing some of the sierra's that have always been available.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So they finally got primers in and some other powders.  Girl on the phone told me that they're almost all caught up on backorders.

So the really good news in all that is I think the tide is starting to shift.  I think by the end of 2009 things may be back to normal.

I only bought 5k small rifle and 5k large rifle primers.  I resisted the temptation to go batshit crazy ordering a "stockpile".

Unless some anti-gun bills go through I'm going to give it a rest until things "settle down" then build up my supplies to where they should be......so I never get in the position I'm in now.

I now realize it's not unreasonable to have 40K plus primers on hand

What brand primers did you get shipped?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
orderd 3k SPP on monday and some powders and had them at my door friday
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got a call.  15K Magtech SRP are inbound.  I ordered in Feb!  30K still waiting from other manufacturers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top