Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 5:47:09 PM EDT
I was processing some lc brass today on my dillon 550 and starting thinking about swaging brass.  I use a super swager now and it does a great job, but it would be nice to swage at the same time as sizing/decapping.  So I tried just moving the handle all the way up as if seating a primer to see what would happen.  Sure enough it removed the crimp on the brass enough to seat a primer.  The only problem was that the primer seating punch's edge was so sharp that it actually shaved out the brass in the primer pocket vs actually swaging the primer pocket.  
My question is, would setting up a second primer slide with a dedicated primer seating punch that has had its edges rounded work to swage brass and would the press/ shellplate assembly be able handle it?  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
When you break a new trail, you are on your own.

I would not try this on my 550.

Notice how heavy duty the Super Swage is built?

Let us know how this works if you decide to try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top