Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 10/13/2020 11:28:48 PM EDT
As the thread states looking for a replacement barrel 16in , the faux suppressor was off my wifes gsg and the barrel on it now has a bend in it, long story but looking for a barrel for replacement,  tried ati. And even contacted gsg in Germany gsg says I have to contact ati and ati never seems to get any instock been trying since before covid hit. Is there any website that carries them or is there anyone that has done a sbr conversion that has a stock length rifle barrel they would like to sell
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the "where can I find a barrel" club.  Been waiting for over a year on pistol barrels to come in to SBR mine.  Call ATI and see what the status is.  Otherwise, keep checking EE for one.  They pop up every now and then.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What's ee,  I have called ati about once a month for awhile now, but the last call the guy said he was putting them on the list, so hopefully that  pans out, was hoping I might get lucky and find someone that did the sbr swap and had their 16in barrel they wanted to sell,
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Equipment Exchange up above.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep an eye on gunbroker.com too. I've seen auctions for ones that are all the parts minus the receiver. I believe in some states the PDs that obtain them from crimes sell them to a company that destroys just the receiver and sells the rest. Some good parts kits for a multitude of weapons can be found that way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 16" factory barrel laying around here from my SBR conversion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Would you like to sell that barrel?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I check back here every once in a while to see barrel status. Never saw that linked thread again, so I never saw the response from ati. Does that mean that they have the lightweight carbine barrels in? I was supposed to send my 522 SD in for warranty replacement because of the rusty barrel and was never able too.

This stinks as I always wanted to SBR my 522 SD as it was pretty fun and I have had a trilug adapter forever unused. I wish I bought a pistol model to start but the braced pistol market wasn't what it is today.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 16" factory barrel laying around here from my SBR conversion.
View Quote

Resurrecting this thread a bit.  Just broke my Gemtech out of jail, and now wanting to SBR my GSG-5.  Any tips on the form?  What overall length did you go with?  Since I still havent been able to find a pistol barrel, I'm going to cut and thread my current barrel.  What barrel length worked for yours?  Finally, any pics of your SBR you can share?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
crickets....

here is my yearly check-in with ATI looking for a barrel...

at this point I'm thinking of selling it and buying the HK version built by Walther/Umarex; they are on the market again right now. At least they support their products.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Would the GSG16 Barrel fit? It shares most other parts from the Gsg5. Almost looks like they took the gsg5 and just put new plastic on it.

From what I can see in videos, the trigger group & housing are identical except some small cosmetic differences.

Rewatched some videos. It almost sounds gsg had to change the appearance again for a 2nd time because the 2nd gen still looked to much like the Mp5. Kind of makes sense since hk recently re-released their mp5 22.
I bet the barrels are the same but I don't know if there is a short barrel version of the GSG16.
Here's the link to a GSG16 Barrel
How To Remove and Replace a GSG-16 Barrel
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]
ONE YEAR LATER!!

Stiiiiiiiiiillllllllll looking for a barrel and would love to find the ATI retractable stock for this thing!

What a shame ATI abandoned this platform.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the value of a slightly used GSG5 pistol barrel?
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the value of a slightly used GSG5 pistol barrel?
View Quote

???  50 bucks?
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top