Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2009 11:59:04 PM EDT
Everyone thanks for all in the insight and helpful information on the GSG

Well, since I happen to live in a state where everything is outlawed, I figured I better ask before getting myself in some hot water.

I have read through what I could of the California gun code, but of course it is unclear as to the legality of using the HK type push pins to secure the rear buttstock on the GSG carbine.

I currently have the Classic Army side folding stock mounted, pinned of course, to keep the stock locked in the open position to avoid any problems from the tape measure police!

I am using the original GSG stock pin/screw mounts as it was my understanding that if the stock is removable without using any tools, it would technically make my GSG under the legal 26" OAL and thus ILLEGAL in CA. (We have the same problem with normal magazine releases on center fire assult type rilfe/carbines here too. Have to install "bullet buttons" to get around the verbage of the state laws )

So if I were to install any rear stock using a HK style push pin, would I be within the "letter" of the law or will I be breaking it? I figured better safe than sorry over a $10 modification.

Thanks in advance for your insight and info.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
This would be better answered in the CA hometown forum, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I am using the original GSG stock pin/screw mounts as it was my understanding that if the stock is removable without using any tools, it would technically make my GSG under the legal 26" OAL and thus ILLEGAL in CA. (We have the same problem with normal magazine releases on center fire assult type rilfe/carbines here too. Have to install "bullet buttons" to get around the verbage of the state laws )

So if I were to install any rear stock using a HK style push pin, would I be within the "letter" of the law or will I be breaking it? I figured better safe than sorry over a $10 modification.

Good question.  I'd like to know the answer, too.  Do you have a link for the CA code, toybiz?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Why have there been many push pin killings lately? Just kidding!! I can not find any reason why the pins would be illegal? CA lawmakers probly have no clue what a pushpin is!! If your that worried about the awnser +1 on the hometown forum!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem. Go to calguns.net if you're still paranoid about it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everyone thanks for all in the insight and helpful information on the GSG

Well, since I happen to live in a state where everything is outlawed, I figured I better ask before getting myself in some hot water.

I have read through what I could of the California gun code, but of course it is unclear as to the legality of using the HK type push pins to secure the rear buttstock on the GSG carbine.

I currently have the Classic Army side folding stock mounted, pinned of course, to keep the stock locked in the open position to avoid any problems from the tape measure police!

Leave California, problem solved...  That's what I did.  There's a whole new world out there for you,  CCW, SBR, Full Auto.  Let the force be with you Luke, leave the Left Side...

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]
lol pushpins illegal? come on man.  are silver screws on a black rifle illegal!?
Anyway you won't have a problem with pushpins
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top