Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:22:53 PM EDT
I noticed Wally World is 550 rounds for $11.97 and my local funstore is 525 rounds for $15.99 and they have the same packaging except for the amount of ammo 550 vs. 525 printed on the box

Same thing I assume?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Wal-mart has their own deal with Federal for more rounds and cheaper. I would just go with Wal-mart's Pack. JGSALES.COM has the 525 pack as well and a few other places do to. I believe it's the same ammo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Wal Mart is the ANTI CHRIST and I am sure that the deal in question was signed in blood! Support your local fun/gun store, we are only talking about a couple of bucks difference here and it will pay off in the long run for both you and your local FFL.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Slightly different in velocity. I buy 5 boxes every time I go to Wal-Mart.

It won't be that price for long.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wal Mart is the ANTI CHRIST and I am sure that the deal in question was signed in blood! Support your local fun/gun store, we are only talking about a couple of bucks difference here and it will pay off in the long run for both you and your local FFL.

Here here. I'm not exactly rolling in the dough but i buy my supplies from a real gunstore whenever possible. Well that or gunshow tables who dont act like they're too good to be seen talking to me and thank me for my patronage!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#5]
well mt local funstore gets enough of my business anyways, i buy all my firearms from Vances, but for .22LR I will stuck with Wally World unless I need some CCI
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#6]
You do know, that all of Walmart's ammo is factory rejects right?

I read it on this board, all be it in GD.  Still it must be true.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You do know, that all of Walmart's ammo is factory rejects right?

I read it on this board, all be it in GD.  Still it must be true.

Not bad for rejects.  3500 rounds and 2 misfires.  I will buy the rejects.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would a company make hundred's of thousands of reject bullets. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes when I get a few boxes, sometimes there is a few random hollow points in there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]
They are two different loads.  Look at the load # on the box, and the velocity.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never had any trouble with Federal Wal-mart bulk packs. Why waste extra money for ammo if it works.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Wally World buys billions of rounds from the ammunition makers every year. If it wasn't for their buying super cheap and selling at a 60% to 75% profit we would be able to buy cheaper ammunition from out local dealers.

One of my buddies is the gun area manager and he told me to stop supporting satan. They mark up their ammo so high based on what they pay for it. The smaller gun shops have to buy way less quantity for higher prices. No its not fair buy Wally World rules the U.S. with cheap lead based toys killing our children.

They pay between $3.00 and $4.00 per bulk box then retail them for $12.00 each. Gun stores pay about $9.00+ for each bulk box. FAIR??

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Slightly different in velocity. I buy 5 boxes every time I go to Wal-Mart.

It won't be that price for long.

Went to Wal-Mart today. The price is 13.97 now.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top