Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/10/2022 7:54:29 AM EDT
I happened into my local sporting goods store Friday to get some stuff for an upcoming trip and one of the things I had been considering was a new fixed blade camp/field knife. I looked at what they had and didn’t see anything I liked more than the fixed blades I already and wasn’t satisfied with.

I was about to walk away when another sales guy said “we’ve got the new Anonimus that just released today, I haven’t put them out”. He showed me the knife and after maybe a minute I was like WOW and couldn’t leave without it. I got back home and did some cutting tasks and was blown away by the knife. It’s literally the perfect outdoor knife. I own and have owned a ton of fixed blades, all very nice high end stuff and have never liked one this much even from trying to forcing myself. It also comes with a phenomenal sheath.

I liked it so much that I went back yesterday morning and got the other one they had to give to my lady. Then I even ordered a third online as a spare because I decided that I never want to be without one of these knives.

I ended up swapping the ferro holder around to the other side and installing an ulticlip XL so that I can IWB carry it as well and it’s very comfortable for that.

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.  Nice knife.  

I’ve had knifegasms too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#2]
cool knife. how much did you pay?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cool knife. how much did you pay?
View Quote

The two I bought in store were at MSRP of $290 + tax. The one I ordered online was $261 delivered.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Thirty bucks on Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]

I’d rather spend $30 on dinner, at least I’ll get a pleasant experience out of the $$.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Can it cut through an firearm receiver ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Some knives just speak to you and feel right, I'm glad you found a good one.

I looked at that knife and thought, "Holy sharpening notch, Batman!"

Have fun with them!
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some knives just speak to you and feel right, I'm glad you found a good one.

I looked at that knife and thought, "Holy sharpening notch, Batman!"

Have fun with them!
View Quote

Yeah the choil is large with sharp 90 degree edges for striking a ferro rod and it works great for that. Used it and a ferro rod to start a fire in my green egg to cook dinner last night and also in a new Weber camp grill I got to season it and burn the chinesium off.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
In before F bench made? Cause F em.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah the choil is large with sharp 90 degree edges for striking a ferro rod and it works great for that. Used it and a ferro rod to start a fire in my green egg to cook dinner last night and also in a new Weber camp grill I got to season it and burn the chinesium off.
View Quote

That’s a knife alright. I really don’t have much use for a fuckoff big fixed blade knife, but it looks nice. How long does it take to start your green egg? I use a propane torch and it takes me maybe 3min to get the coals going and warming up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
they have my afo2, been like a month or more.  only had to replace one spring and sharpen it.... i mean i dont know that i hating on em for choppin up guns, but im annoyed htat they cant do a simple process in a reasonable amount of time... and whats more i  assume it wont be sharpened "square" when it shows up.... not excited...

i ile the $20 morakini knives orwhatever from sweden...
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s a knife alright. I really don’t have much use for a fuckoff big fixed blade knife, but it looks nice. How long does it take to start your green egg? I use a propane torch and it takes me maybe 3min to get the coals going and warming up.
View Quote

I usually use a propane torch and it’s about the same.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a fondled more, carried less kinda knife.

Good looking knife, poses well for pictures too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

We spend 3-4 months out of the year camping and hiking in national forests, national parks, and state parks. Not everyone sits on their ass eating Cheetos.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We spend 3-4 months out of the year camping and hiking in national forests, national parks, and state parks. Not everyone sits on their ass eating Cheetos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greetings from GD

Question: I don't have "higher end" knives, the closest thing I'd say I have to it?
ESEE Knives, I have 2.
Being honest I was reallllly surprised, pleasantly surprised, but how sharp they were from the factory - and how well they retained those edges.
Absolutely impressed.

When I first started cutting with one I realized, "Oh all the other knives I had weren't that sharp"

For a guy like me whose only real exposure to a "good knife" is an ESEE, how does this compare?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#16]
After helping the police destroy firearm's I will never buy another benchmade again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
so we can like Benchmade again?

Nice knife,
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
NO!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Greetings from GD

Question: I don't have "higher end" knives, the closest thing I'd say I have to it?
ESEE Knives, I have 2.
Being honest I was reallllly surprised, pleasantly surprised, but how sharp they were from the factory - and how well they retained those edges.
Absolutely impressed.

When I first started cutting with one I realized, "Oh all the other knives I had weren't that sharp"

For a guy like me whose only real exposure to a "good knife" is an ESEE, how does this compare?
View Quote

ESEE’s are good knives and IMO the best entry level outdoors knives out there. I have the 3, 4, 5, and a Junglas and have used the 3 and 5 pretty extensively in the woods. My biggest complaint is the 1095 steel, it’s not the absolute worst but it’s not great compared to more modern steels. ESEE does make a few knives with S35VN now though which is a good steel but those also cost considerably more. I also don’t care for the sheaths that they come with so I always end up buying an aftermarket sheath too. Other than that they’re very good other than they could be a little bit better balanced.

This knife on the other hand is amazingly balanced, uses a great steel, and comes with a very nice sheath.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nice knife,
View Quote

This is America and you can like what you want. The reason that people hate Benchmade is silly, because they helped police destroy some guns that nobody even knows the background of? Police destroy confiscated guns all the time because they have to. You can’t sell guns that have been used in crimes and have had serial numbers ground off and shit.

Most of the people who hate Benchmade probably still shop at Amazon, Walmart and other anti 2A businesses on a weekly bases merely out of “convenience” or because they’re too cheap to pay a few bucks more for the same thing from a small business. Some of the 2A crowd is a funny bunch and hypocritical at best.

Benchmade makes good shit and they’re far from bad as far as companies are concerned on 2A matters.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is America and you can like what you want. The reason that people hate Benchmade is silly, because they helped police destroy some guns that nobody even knows the background of? Police destroy confiscated guns all the time because they have to. You can’t sell guns that have been used in crimes and have had serial numbers ground off and shit.

Most of the people who hate Benchmade probably still shop at Amazon, Walmart and other anti 2A businesses on a weekly bases merely out of “convenience” or because they’re too cheap to pay a few bucks more for the same thing from a small business. Some of the 2A crowd is a funny bunch and hypocritical at best.

Benchmade makes good shit and they’re far from bad as far as companies are concerned on 2A matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice knife,

my EDC for the past 12 years has been a presidio it's tough as nails has a very nice thrown down the driveway patina, I like this knife so much I bought 2 more as spares incase this one ever has a catastrophic failure
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Not going to bore everyone with too many pictures, but just an update on the knife. I’ve spent the last week with it camping, backpacking, and hiking and using it as my sole knife for everything and it has only solidified my opinion that it’s the best fixed blade I’ve ever owned. I’ve used it for prepping every meal, starting fires, making kindling, and it is awesome. Haven’t had to touch up the blade yet but I did snag one of the Benchmade 14 degree field sharpeners to try out when it’s needed.

The cerakote finish is also holding up very well even in the choil where I’ve used it with a ferro rod to start about 30 fires between fire rings and lighting starters for charcoal.

In one of the runs to town we happened upon a very cool general store that had a lot of quality blades and most were listed at 25% or so below MSRP so I picked up an infidel at a very attractive price.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ESEE’s are good knives and IMO the best entry level outdoors knives out there. I have the 3, 4, 5, and a Junglas and have used the 3 and 5 pretty extensively in the woods. My biggest complaint is the 1095 steel, it’s not the absolute worst but it’s not great compared to more modern steels. ESEE does make a few knives with S35VN now though which is a good steel but those also cost considerably more. I also don’t care for the sheaths that they come with so I always end up buying an aftermarket sheath too. Other than that they’re very good other than they could be a little bit better balanced.

This knife on the other hand is amazingly balanced, uses a great steel, and comes with a very nice sheath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greetings from GD

ESEE Knives, I have 2.
Absolutely impressed.

Interesting
Thank you for explaining it to a knife-newbie

One more silly question, if you know/are feeling charitable enough to answer

Stuff like those Randall knives, are they THAT good, or is it more the experience of having A Randall knife/a collector's thing - vs pure blade for blade excellence?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Interesting
Thank you for explaining it to a knife-newbie

One more silly question, if you know/are feeling charitable enough to answer

Stuff like those Randall knives, are they THAT good, or is it more the experience of having A Randall knife/a collector's thing - vs pure blade for blade excellence?
View Quote

They’re excellent knives and in the price range you won’t get a better knife. They do carry some nostalgia and Randall’s have quite the background in Bushcrafting. You’re not paying for a name or anything like that though if that’s what you’re wondering, you get a lot of knife for the $$ with an ESEE. Are there better knives? Of course, but you’re going to spend twice as much or more to get a truly better knife.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not going to bore everyone with too many pictures, but just an update on the knife. I’ve spent the last week with it camping, backpacking, and hiking and using it as my sole knife for everything and it has only solidified my opinion that it’s the best fixed blade I’ve ever owned. I’ve used it for prepping every meal, starting fires, making kindling, and it is awesome. Haven’t had to touch up the blade yet but I did snag one of the Benchmade 14 degree field sharpeners to try out when it’s needed.

The cerakote finish is also holding up very well even in the choil where I’ve used it with a ferro rod to start about 30 fires between fire rings and lighting starters for charcoal.

In one of the runs to town we happened upon a very cool general store that had a lot of quality blades and most were listed at 25% or so below MSRP so I picked up an infidel at a very attractive price.

https://i.imgur.com/mmPWYFY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mrfau86.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9AzEbgt.jpg
View Quote

@hiih8r
damn dude, I like the way you camp cook!

that looks like my neck of the woods, where you hiking at?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@hiih8r
damn dude, I like the way you camp cook!

that looks like my neck of the woods, where you hiking at?
View Quote

Thanks, here’s the final product of the Cajun lobster Alfredo if you’re interested.

Mushroom steak bites another night:

And ribeye cheese steaks:

Northern GA in the Chattahoochee.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

FTW

Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

my EDC for the past 12 years has been a presidio it's tough as nails has a very nice thrown down the driveway patina, I like this knife so much I bought 2 more as spares incase this one ever has a catastrophic failure
View Quote

Same here!  Presidio 2 is a great blade.  Have had a couple of their auto knives for years, way before the gun cutting drama.  Such a shame.

Seems I have all the good stuff before good companies went batshit
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They’re excellent knives and in the price range you won’t get a better knife. They do carry some nostalgia and Randall’s have quite the background in Bushcrafting. You’re not paying for a name or anything like that though if that’s what you’re wondering, you get a lot of knife for the $$ with an ESEE. Are there better knives? Of course, but you’re going to spend twice as much or more to get a truly better knife.
View Quote

Pretty sure he wasn't asking about that Randall aka ESEE. My guess is he was asking about the actual real Randall Knives made in FL.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]
@hiih8r

Hey, looks like you're right up the road from me

We're just outside of Augusta, but do a lot of hiking and camping in NE GA.

I like the blade, it's simple with good materials and a very utilitarian design. I know some reviews mention its weight as a slight disadvantage, but for that size of knife and as a belt knife, it's pretty much what I would prefer. I may do some light batoning, but I don't need my belt knife to be a chooper.

Thanks for the review and cooking picks

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I use LT Wright knives, but That Benchmade looks nice (really like the design of the sheath). If I was in the market, I would look at that hard.
Thanks for posting that.
Also, the food looks amazing!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Beautiful lines on the Benchmade.  If I was in the market it or an Esee would be my choice.  

I am still using a Gerber Yari (first model) which I love. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#34]
What did you attach to the sheath OP?

Oh nevermind, I reread your post and see it's a belt clip. I thought it was a little tinder box at first.  I'm looking for something about the size of that clip that will hold one or two Fire Plugs
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nice knife,
View Quote

I sure hope so. On the advice of my son, I bought one today.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool knife OP.

For those that hate BM: most family members of those who commit suicide don’t want the blood, cerebralspinal fluid and brain matter caked firearm back and actually ask the police to destroy it. There’s a few hundred million firearms in the US. I think we’ll be ok.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:11:04 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll be ok with never buying a Benchmade product again. There's plenty of other options anyway.

OP likes them, I hate them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh.... that's only part of my reason for hating Benchmade.

They also make a habit of buying up good competing designs and patents with no intention of ever producing them, like outstanding Lone Wolf Diablo D/A auto.  

Plenty of good US made knives to choose from, screw Benchmade.  They do folders "almost as good" as Spyderco and , autos "almost as good" as Microtech and Hogue, and fixed blades "almost as good" as TOPS and ESEE.  They really just don't make the best knife in any market niche or price range anymore.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I've had my eye on the Anonimus too. I love that they went with CPM Cruwear on this one and on other hard use oriented designs. The stock is still fairly thin too, which I like for the versatility. Keeps the weight down too. I'm going to buy one for sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t forget donating and lobbying for antigun Democrat politicians.

It does look like a good knife though. I really wish they hadn’t embraced the antigun agenda, contrary to their claims.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They also make a habit of buying up good competing designs and patents with no intention of ever producing them, like outstanding Lone Wolf Diablo D/A auto.  

Plenty of good US made knives to choose from, screw Benchmade.  They do folders "almost as good" as Spyderco and , autos "almost as good" as Microtech and Hogue, and fixed blades "almost as good" as TOPS and ESEE.  They really just don't make the best knife in any market niche or price range anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have found their basic axis folders; Grip, Mini Grip, Bugout, impossible to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice! I ordered and received the very similar Guardian 5.5 recently and it's very quickly become my favorite knife. Check them out! Great company and warranty.
Guardian 5.5
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I started thinking about this knife and the thread yesterday and I kept thinking I have a knife exactly like this. Well, I do.

I dug through rubber maid tubs filled with my hunting gear till I found it. The Buck 632 Mesa is exactly like that Benchmade. They could almost be twins. I picked mine up on clearance for $15, but I believe they retailed for $75. Love the knife,  but hate the super sized guard. It really gets in the way for food prep. I did use itI was going to modify the knife by grinding it off and then I got off onto something else and it got got tossed into one of my many hunting tubs. Check them out as you might be able to find a used one online. Could be your beater if you really like the style.
$50 Wal-Mart Survival Knives: Which Is Best?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I like benchmade stuff, I'll check it out
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Cool knife OP.

For those that hate BM: most family members of those who commit suicide don’t want the blood, cerebralspinal fluid and brain matter caked firearm back and actually ask the police to destroy it. There’s a few hundred million firearms in the US. I think we’ll be ok.
View Quote

It wasn't just cutting up guns, it was making political donations to anti-2A politicians and not being forthright. There are plenty of equal or better brands to support.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top