Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/9/2018 9:11:07 PM EDT
I just ordered the SM Bowie and while doing research on it I saw the Grizzly model and must say that it looks pretty damn sexy. What do you guys think of them? I've been on a large knife kick for a bit. Kinda funny because most Bowie designs didn't do much for me but then I saw this one and just had to have it. Unfortunately the only stocks that I could find it in were Blaze Orange Micarta with leather spacers.
I'm wondering if I can send it to bark River and they'll replace the stocks for me, preferably with stacked leather.
So, yay or nay on the Grizzly?
UPDATE: look below for post.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, How is CPM 3V steel? The Grizzly is made with this steel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, How is CPM 3V steel? The Grizzly is made with this steel.
View Quote
3v is a very good steel.  It's in the "premium/super steels" category.

It's corrosion resistant, wear resistant (edge holding is superior) and tough (resistance to breakage) for a stainless/rust resistant steel.

I don't have any yet, but I'm waiting on a custom using it.  I'd put it in my top 3 steels if I was looking for a premium steel (which evolves through time as metallurgy improves) at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guy. I think my main reason for wanting it is to try out the steel, since I have a similar style knife from BR, the Bravo Pig Sticker. I'm hoping the steel is as impressive as the looks of the Grizzly!
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Alright, my Bowie came in yesterday and boy is this thing a beast! Pics and videos don't do it justice. As usual for BR the knife came razor sharp. The grind lines are nice and even and the sheath stitching is nice and straight. I did the usual thing and applied some neutral Kiwi polish on it to give it a nice finish.
My only complaint is that there appears to be a little mill chatter on the spine of the blade. Not bad, but noticeable to me. And while the handle is Stated as being Blaze Orange, it looks pink to me, or maybe sherbert.
All in all, I'm liking this knife and can't wait to use it. Now I'm waiting for my Grizzly to show. I put some deposit money down on it and am looking forward to getting it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top