Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 6:04:45 PM EDT
I just bought one and noticed a slight recurve in the blades edge.
How hard (or not) is it going to be to sharpen with flat stones?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
But two for rotation and just send them back to benchmade for sharpening
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupe
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

TIA
View Quote

Flat stones would be a no-go unless you have the skill to sharpen using just the corner of the stone (I sure don't and, because you're asking the question, I assume you don't either) .  But a ceramic rod or 2 (a la Lansky turn box) would work well.  A Spyderco Sharpmaker would work great as well (using only the "corners" of the stones - of course).
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But two for rotation and just send them back to benchmade for sharpening
View Quote

Thanks for playing... but I dont need a dupe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Flat stones would be a no-go unless you have the skill to sharpen using just the corner of the stone (I sure don't and, because you're asking the question, I assume you don't either) .  But a ceramic rod or 2 (a la Lansky turn box) would work well.  A Spyderco Sharpmaker would work great as well (using only the "corners" of the stones - of course).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

Right. I was hoping since the curve was sleight, flat stones might work, with the right technique.  Researched it a little and you sounds like you know of what you speak.
Thanks again for your help.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top