Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2011 4:33:18 PM EDT
this is another kwaiken design from a big Nicholson file.  seems to be a lot of guys who dig the file designs.  this one is 10" long with a right hand chisel grind up to a convex chisel tip.  scales are brilliant blue dymondwood with steel pins.  sleek piece.

TPS

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it.  I really like the scales too.  Did you work it annealed?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
oh yeah, way too much trouble to try and grind it when it isn't annealed.  i usually just stick a file in the forge while i am working on something else.  i let it get nice and toasty, then close up the forge and let it cool very slowly.  in a few hours, it is ready to work with.  this one took a great heat treat afterwards as well.  i don't mess with any other files, but Nicholson.  they seem to be consistent and take a good heat treat for me.  seems there are a lot of guys who love file designs.  especially in my area.  i have a customer who wants a nice traditional skinner/hunter style made with a file.  that should be fun.

TPS
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
double tap.  not sure why.  guess i can add some more pics in natural light.

TPS
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top