Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/23/2011 5:36:42 PM EDT
Had a contractor ask me about making a knife for him. I was showing him some drawings and he stopped me on this prototype I doodled one night when I was tired. I had to change the material from Cru V to N690 Cobalt stainless as he wanted a stainless knife. It is wider in the actual knife than the drawing. The actual knife is 1 3/8" from top to edge...

Drawing...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In process...

Need to drill the center hole while still annealed....
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Once again brother you have something that has an edge that is set well enough to tear well and still be a very deep punture penetration. I so love your work and continue to be impressed. If you keep it up it will not be long before a company tries to copy! I would start checking into getting patents on some of the work you are showing cause otherwise you will see it being copied by some other worthless company! I got your e-mail and am workin on getting it together. keep it up. Have you ever done a karambit Style?  I knoow for some this is one option alot of people don't think about but very functional for certain things. I will be in touch when the tide changes! meanwhile I drool over your art!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have made one Kerambit blade but I am not a fan of the style. I don't like my fingers trapped in a ring. Lol...
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
A funny thing happened when doing the final heat treat after sand blasting it.......the specifics I have written down....but I will not reveal them because it is cool!

I put the knife in with another blade of a different material and was in a hurry so I cooked them for the same amount of time and temp. While the other blade came out a perfect electric blue....this one well...see for yourself.....

The color is a matte looking finish (decarb plus pre sand blast) that looks like the bronze/brown color you get on aluminum window frames. it is slightly darker than the dark earth G-10.

Of course now it is not at spring steel....but oh well...probably 15 degrees F higher than spring steel limit by the chart....

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That's cool, kinda a mat bronze.

Shame on you for making it a secret.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
What can I say...I was sworn to secrecy with a double pinkie swear by the process police.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a veryyy nice knife!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
That is sexy!
(And congrats on the "accidental" new finish!)
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
man you're good with steel.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top