Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2011 5:36:42 PM EDT
Had a contractor ask me about making a knife for him. I was showing him some drawings and he stopped me on this prototype I doodled one night when I was tired. I had to change the material from Cru V to N690 Cobalt stainless as he wanted a stainless knife. It is wider in the actual knife than the drawing. The actual knife is 1 3/8" from top to edge...

Drawing...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In process...

Need to drill the center hole while still annealed....
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Once again brother you have something that has an edge that is set well enough to tear well and still be a very deep punture penetration. I so love your work and continue to be impressed. If you keep it up it will not be long before a company tries to copy! I would start checking into getting patents on some of the work you are showing cause otherwise you will see it being copied by some other worthless company! I got your e-mail and am workin on getting it together. keep it up. Have you ever done a karambit Style?  I knoow for some this is one option alot of people don't think about but very functional for certain things. I will be in touch when the tide changes! meanwhile I drool over your art!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have made one Kerambit blade but I am not a fan of the style. I don't like my fingers trapped in a ring. Lol...
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
A funny thing happened when doing the final heat treat after sand blasting it.......the specifics I have written down....but I will not reveal them because it is cool!

I put the knife in with another blade of a different material and was in a hurry so I cooked them for the same amount of time and temp. While the other blade came out a perfect electric blue....this one well...see for yourself.....

The color is a matte looking finish (decarb plus pre sand blast) that looks like the bronze/brown color you get on aluminum window frames. it is slightly darker than the dark earth G-10.

Of course now it is not at spring steel....but oh well...probably 15 degrees F higher than spring steel limit by the chart....

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That's cool, kinda a mat bronze.

Shame on you for making it a secret.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
What can I say...I was sworn to secrecy with a double pinkie swear by the process police.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a veryyy nice knife!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
That is sexy!
(And congrats on the "accidental" new finish!)
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
man you're good with steel.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top