Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
I have a Lansky, which works pretty good. But there has to be something better?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a Lansky, which works pretty good. But there has to be something better?

I swore by a Lansky for years....it does indeed do a great job.  But, a few weeks ago I bought a Spyderco Shapmaker.  This is the best thing since God put titties on women!  Not only is it easy, a couple minutes per knife, but it gets the knife scary sharp.  Forget cutting paper, I learned a new trick....shaving paper in half.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Spyderco Triangle - best investment ever. Diamond stones are pretty pricy (here in Russia $100+), but I'll have to buy it either in some time. And shaving paper is rulezzz! :)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
i use a warthog V-sharp it works well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both the Lansky and Spyderco systems.  I really like the Spydie better, but some of my knives, mostly fixed blades, seem to work better on the Lansky.  I took my Spydie system to Iraq when I was deployed last year and used it to sharpen a lot of knives. It worked real well on the mid range PX knives (CS SRK, CRKT, Kabar, Spyderco, SOG).  I could'nt get it to put a good edge on the issue bayonet or on several AK bayonets.  However,  another guy had a Lansky with diamond stones that put an edge on the bayonets very quickly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Razor edge technologies,  a blade holding device which insures the correct angle, the steel and the stones determine the edge from there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
edgepro
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top