Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:05 PM EDT
I normally carry a knife like this at work. I am a cable splicer. After using these for years I am hooked on a short blade with a full size handle. I have looked at the BladeTech Mouse, but haven't heard much about it as far as quality. Are there any other knives I should be looking at?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Verizon? I'm a lineman up in Jersey.
How about a Spyderco Delica or do you want a sheepsfoot blade.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Try a Spyderco Native III  LINK also available with plain-edge

I carry a plain-edge Spyderco Meerkat but it is basically a 3/4 handle.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Verizon? I'm a lineman up in Jersey.
How about a Spyderco Delica or do you want a sheepsfoot blade.

Yup, VZ. I like the sheepsfoot blade, but I am not going to discount other shapes. I just do not want serrations.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Spyderco Karambit? not the traditional working knife, but it would make an excellent replacement for the shitty issue knives we get. I'm sure the Delica is offered with a plain edge as well.
As you can see, I'm a huge fan of the Spyders. I've used all the top end knives at work(I should say abused) and I keep going back to the Spyderco.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not think the karambit is a very useful design at all. Once I held one I knew I had no use for one.

I have considered having a fixed blade to clone the Klein knife but with good steel and micarta handles. A splicing knife with Gunner grips would be nice too. Those grips are made for hard use. I routinely rip the rubber handles apart on the Kleins.

I also had wondered if Anza would make these style knives.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I pulled cable for 6 months and have some tools if anyone in the biz is interested. wire wrapper cutters etc... I also have a knife like the 1 in the first photo. I believe it is klein with the holder and scissors. yours if you want it, let me know. I am going to the post office tom. just cover shipping. i can send pics.
mike
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top