Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:55:49 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with them??  Are they as good as they seem?  Easy to conceal etc.???
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the standard HAK and am very pleased with it.

If I'm really trying to conceal it I'll wear it on a ball chain around my neck.  Otherwise I have it on my belt mounted to a kydex belt clip I made.

The beauty with the HAK is you can have it drawn and ready if needed without anybody knowing.  Additionally, having it around your fingers frees up your hands to access car keys, light, or firearm.

Frontsite is a great lady who invented an awesome weapon.

Tim
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
huge thread about HAK on the Lightfighter.net tactical knife forum
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
AND SOME MODELS TAKE A LOOOOOOONG TIME TO GET!10 MONTHS AND WAITING.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had mine for a few months now. It tucks away well on my rig, and you could almost forget your wearing it if its around your neck. As far as the wait time goes, I took the quick fix and ordered the utility HAK. Now that I know I like it, I will eventually order a custom maker version most likely Strider mabe Ti.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just tried to order one a few minutes ago.  Even found one premade ready to ship, but it wouldn't add to my cart.  I E-mailed them with my issue.  I can't wait to get one, a Utility for me too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, amazing customer service from Cameron (Frontsight)  She had responded to my E-mail in under an hour on a Saturday morning.  Turns out it was a browser error, their latest website doesn't like Firefox.  Got it all sorted out, she went in and manually placed it in my cart for me and all is ordered and ready to go.

From a CS standpoint excellent company and I'd do business again based on that.  Now to see how I like the actual knife when it arrives, only a week or 2 for my trainer sheath.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck with your knife.  I have been waiting since the middle of June for mine.  You can track the progress of the knife via her site.  I am about half-way through the process.  It is starting to feel like I ordered a Randall.  

That being said, she is pretty much the middle-woman.  She designed the concept, but doesn't make any of the knives.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I was assured that I ordered one knife that was listed in stock.  The only thing we're waiting for is for my trainer to be sheathed.  Hopefully the process is quick.  Did you order an instock HAK? or something custom?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine was a custom "midnight claw".    I am sure it will be worth the wait, but just is a long time to be waiting.  I think her sales would be much higher if her turn around time was shorter.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I 've got a ten of them.  Some in Ti some in S30V They are everything they advertised to be. Small - Concealible - Sharp. You have no idea what your missing by not having a HAK. As for the wait times bear in  mind, these are not factory ground knives done by the 1000's.  They are done one at a time, and if you can't wait check the avail. now section.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Update:  Ordered mine Sat AM, the mailman attepted delivery Friday afternoon, but I wasn't home to sign for it.  Pickup everything up this morning.  So far I'm really happy with mine, going to try cord wrapping in a few.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one on my LBV.  They are very nice.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top