Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:10:12 PM EDT
Im looking at microtecks right now and Im considering an out the front auto. They make some really nice ones but Im wondering which model is mechanically superior to the rest. Any other brands to consider?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Microtech 'Halo' and a 'Makora' and both are great knives, but I like the Makora better because it's double action.

The springs in the MAKORA remain in an "at rest" position at all times except when the deployment button is pushed. This means no fatigued compressed springs when the knife is not being used.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have to give it to the Microtech Scarab D/Es.

Picture credit goes to BrightEdge- great place to buy knives by the way.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Not 100% sure, but, I believe the Scarab and the Makora have the same internals.

Mine:

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the makora design. How mechanically sound are these blades once deployed? Could you feel confident with it cutting a !" piece of rope?

Im dying to get my hands on one to see how nice they really are
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top