Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 7:14:55 PM EDT
I only have tried to resize my AR 50 50 brass, I hear complaints about the pains of resizing surplus MG brass. Does the same sizing problems occur in semi M2 Brass?

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, I would have thought it might be easier since you get a full lock every shot.

Is it exactly the same, or a little better?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably the same as they (the brass)  expand to the size of the chamber no matter how fast there fired
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had some M2 brass that sized a lot easier than other batches, I think it depends on how well the headspace is set. It is all harder than bolt gun brass though.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#5]
It's going to depend a lot on the rifle it was shot out of.
I've picked up brass from Semi Barret's that sized and worked very well. I've picked up brass fired from M2's that was pretty tough.

The speed the rounds are being fired has nothing to do with it. The stretching and difficulty in sizing brass fired from M2's comes from loose, well worn (and already a bit "loose") chambers, and being poorly timed. Get brass that was fired from two or three different M2's in different states of repair, and you'll find some brass is in much better shape than others...but any way you look at it, it is stretched more than you will find from any bolt action and most semi auto's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Robably the same as they expand to the size of the chamber no matter how fart there fired

Not sure what you are saying KD. Could you state that again differently?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probably the same as they (the brass)  expand to the size of the chamber no matter how fast there fired

edit for spelling
sorry sent that last post from my phone
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The speed the rounds are being fired has nothing to do with it. The stretching and difficulty in sizing brass fired from M2's comes from loose, well worn (and already a bit "loose") chambers, and being poorly timed. Get brass that was fired from two or three different M2's in different states of repair, and you'll find some brass is in much better shape than others...but any way you look at it, it is stretched more than you will find from any bolt action and most semi auto's.

exactly my point
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
and being poorly timed.

I understand this for a f/a gun, thats why I asked about the semi version since that variable is not there. I guess it depends on the headspace.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top