Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:18:04 PM EDT
I am the proud new owner of an armalite ar50.  

this is while she is still in the cold gun shop all alone.
and now she is safe at my buddies house.  no weapons in the barracks and theres no way Im keeping them in the arms room.  Came with a great case so when I fly home I will definately bring it with me for some better longer ranges.

im like a proud father in this one.

any ideas.  Im already working on selling the glass a black lion atn 6-18 which he just through on there for me.  didn't change the price so I just took it.  Will hopefully get a nightforce 8-32

any other comments suggestions?  better optics for me.  never really dug too deap into the great world of longer range optics since im kinda an ar fanboy.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Join the Fifty Caliber Shooters Association www.fcsa.org and you will be supporting a great organisation and be getting schooled like you would not belive on the .50 cal.  Also, active military gets half off on dues.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Very Nice Use it well and look for a Night Force NSX or Lupy Scope to put on it. I also hear a Super Sniper which I wonder will stand up or the XOTIC which I really know nothing about are nice.

A nice set of Badger or NightForce rings and your good to go.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#4]
as I said looking at nightforces will probably get one within the week and get out again soon and throw some rounds down range.  went shooting today but with out a nice glass on it was pretty much wasting time/money.  Was good to fire it a few times so will have plenty of good times when shes all set up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of bipod is that?  Looks alot more sturdy than my Harris.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
tell you the truth I can't lie to you....I don't know I did a quick google with no results.  I don't have the rifle in reaching distance so I can't even look at it to tell you any markings.  All I know is that it holds up better than most any bipod I have used.  much sturdier than a harris and imo heavier but stronger than the prince bips.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]
i'm still working on saving up for mine.  looks great.  

i hear ya about storing in the armory too.  i made that mistake when i first moved on base.  after one week of "storage" all the firearms which were clean (to the point that a patch with hoppe's #9 through the bore came out the other end still tinted slightly gold-ish from the hoppe's, and nothing more) when i turned them in were fouled like you wouldn't believe.

they even had the nerve to tell me the headspace was bad on my Savage 340E (.222Rem) because they weren't able to get it to chamber a round when they took it to the range--they had tried to use .223 in it.  Part of me wishes they HAD been able to chamber it.  it would have been worth the loss of the rifle to chalk one more up to Darwin.

words can't describe how pissed i was.  they actually cuffed me "for their own safety" because i was yelling at them for their completely stupid actions.  there were a few articles 15 given out (none to me; i got an LOC for being so pissed but that disappeared from my record 2 weeks later) to the douchebags and 2 of the 3 that admitted to it aren't in the service anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#9]
our guys are pretty good in the arms room when I am around they seem pretty straight forward and honest.  But I heard a story about them taking out someones kimber.  think brand new tle2 never fired yet.  and the assholes took it out the first weekend the very weekend he got it after they told him he couldn't come in and get it on the weekend.  From what I understood this was a different set of armourers though.  another story of them taking out an xd40 and then bragging to another joe who was friends with the owner.  They laughed about how shitty the springfield was because it kept misfiring.  they were shooting 9mm through a 40sw.

The whole situation with them is messed up.  you have to draw on friday shoot and store at the mp station for temp before you bring them in on monday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
here is the bipod http://www.shotsgunsmithing.com/bipods.htm
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
thats the one.  I would recomend its steady as can be.  not great for if you wanna move around like you can with a folder but rock solid suites it well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
well bought a nightforce nxs 5.5-22 hopefully we are going as a squad shooting on wed.(aka payday) very happy with nightforce from what I see.  Am excited to get a true range report for you all.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
what kind of case is that and whaere did you get it from?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#14]
its a husky they are custom built here in alaska.  you can check them out at huskycases.com
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I am jealous.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top