Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2005 2:35:45 PM EDT
Anyone know if the 50 bmg ammo that Sportsman"s Guide has any good? Is this the Talon ammo that is a bolt gun killer?
THANKS Bob  [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Talon has never been known as a bolt gun killer, without looking at it I seem to remember it being Talon. It's either that or Yugo/Bosnian, If it's Yugo/Bosnian you need to clean your rifle after using it as they have found it to be mildly corrosive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had any problems with their ammo in my bolt gun. But as 50_SHOOTER said clean right away fterwards as this is what i do after shooting any .50 ammo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys thanks for the replys.Though that I had read somewhere that Talon was a bolt gun killer.I just got my first 50 a State Arms Rebel and don't want to blow it or myself up.
LATER Bob  [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Just received a can of .50 BMG ammo from SG. I ordered the M33 FMJ variety. It comes as 150 loose rounds in a can. Manufactured by Talon in 1/05. Brass is marked as Lake City '53. Quick visual inspection shows no exterior deficiencies, other than two rounds with signs of slight surface corrosion on the brass.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Bolt Gun Killer?

hmm....

I've got some Talon ammo from Ammoman. Along with some handloaded .50 ammo.

I've never heard the bolt gun killer theory. Please elaborate. I've got a Ferret, and don't want a .50 grenade on my hands.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Talon ammo is fine, a few years back they had some issues. They had a bad batch, some shoulders were bumped back to far and a few guys caught a couple rounds with low powder charges. They have since installed better QC checks and even posted the facts on Biggerhammer. Ammoman and Talon both said at the time that they would exchange any bad ammo that anyone had.

Bolt gun killer ammo that is known, Dominican Republic "yellow tip", Maine Cartridge Co. and TNW's "blaster grade" ammo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]
S/G ammo is Talon. I found it shoots very well through an AR50. It must be good ammo, they are always sold out!!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top