Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 10:26:54 AM EDT
Also posted in the VA Hometown Forums.

--
I just recently found out that Quantico is allowing their gun club members access to shoot large caliber rifles at range 4 this Sunday.  9am-1pm.  The plan is to start close at 200 yards, get on paper and work backwards towards 1000.   More info can be found on their website.  www.quanticoshootingclub.com

Guess I finally get to tryout my AR50 at a distance target.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you know the ballistics and MV of the rounds you are using?  Do you know the comeups on your scope to get you on paper at 1000yds?

What time are you headed down?  I might like to follow on with you and see how it goes.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?  Shit, I'm a machinegunner, wtf do I know.  

Actually, I know that in theory with my mildot scope, I should be able to get it pretty close.  I should easily hit at 200 and be able to dial it in each time we move back.  I'm guessing 200,400,600,1000 or something like that.

I'm seeing if Graham wants to take his 7mm down there with me and have him as my Guest.  I'm not sure if you can shoot free or you might have to pay a small fee.   Ed, you can be one of my Guests too.  I think I get two.

I plan on being down there and at the range at 9am Sunday.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
i wish i read this earlier.  id definetly make the drive down if i knew sooner and could have made arrangements.  Q town is only 4.5-5 hours away.
would a Mil ID get me in or would i have to be a member?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to be in the Quantico shooting club.  Civilian members are 1/3 of the total amount of shooters.  You have to be stationed near the base if you are military I believe.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top