Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/31/2003 7:25:09 PM EDT
I understand they has some redesign issues. Has anybody received one? Is it any good? What does delivery look like?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
...I have my order in for one but I'm still 3+ months away from receiving it...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the story with these?  Are they still producing them, and what's the accuracy like?  I'd LOVE to get into the .50 market, but don't know that I could swing for a complete firearm.  The uppers (MMAG, Ferret) look VERY interesting to me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a great deal, and firearm if they get their stuff together.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...MMAG is not one for answering emails or snailmails. I have no idea if they are into the manufacturing stage or not!

Like I said, I ordered mine over the phone nearly two months ago now and have heard nothing from them. They did not ask for a deposit though.

I currently have a Ferret which I haven't shot yet. I plan on selling it when (and if) the MMAG ever arrives.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah...MMAG is not one for answering emails or snailmails. I have no idea if they are into the manufacturing stage or not!

Like I said, I ordered mine over the phone nearly two months ago now and have heard nothing from them. They did not ask for a deposit though.

I currently have a Ferret which I haven't shot yet. I plan on selling it when (and if) the MMAG ever arrives.

Any reason you're selling the Ferret?  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah - I won't need two 50's if and when the MMAG arrives (I like the features better) - no other reasons than those and simple economics!

Why? Might you be interested in a Ferret at that time?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I dunno.  Would you mind telling me the feature differences?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh, I dunno.  Would you mind telling me the feature differences?

...mainly cosmetic I suppose, but I do like the looks of the "shark" muzzle brake offered on the MMAG better than the one on my Ferret, plus I believe the MMAG comes with an live round and/or empty casing ejector and a feeding/ejection port long enough to eject loaded rounds if one needed to - the Ferret doesn't.

Other pluses (for me) of the MMAG are the available heavy duty buttstock assy, the quick release bipod mount, the removable picatinny rails and the PRICE!!!

Like I said, the Ferret will be for sale at that time - it definately is NOT for sale now.

Nice chatting with ya'...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
you can eject live rounds from your Ferret50, just open bolt and push down on the rear of the ejector claw, cartridge comes loose and remove. That MMag stock can be put on your Ferret too. Its called a skeleton stock. Looks good but you will feel the recoil alot more
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
you can eject live rounds from your Ferret50, just open bolt and push down on the rear of the ejector claw, cartridge comes loose and remove. That MMag stock can be put on your Ferret too. Its called a skeleton stock. Looks good but you will feel the recoil alot more

Thanks - I'm aware of those issues - I was just answering his questions as to the feature diff's as I see them...

...is that stock now available? I've emailed and written MMAG about that and can receive no answers as to it's availability...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=ACEARFX&storeid=1&image=ar15skeletonstock.gif

that is the link to the stock, but not from MMAG, I'm on the list too, but have been since January
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#12]
sorry bout that, I guess this is a little differant stock. The only way I got ahold of MMAG was by phone. good luck
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
...as it so happens, that is the same stock I now have on my Ferret/DPMS 50BMG.

Good luck back atcha...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey Colt45MAN, just wait till the shoot this weekend.You will have a variety of .50's to try out.The MMAG will be there.I'm sure someone will let you try it.Its just like buying a car,you always want to drive it before you buy it right?I shot the Serbu,which is the same as the MMAG and uses the shark brake system on it.I gotta tell you the recoil was sharp and too violent for me.The rifle was not comfortable to shoot and did not like the buttstock on it.I think you would like AR50 better or even a Windrunner 50,or 96 model.After this weekend lets hear what you think on all the .50's you shot.I think you will be sold on a AR50!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey Colt45MAN, just wait till the shoot this weekend.You will have a variety of .50's to try out.The MMAG will be there.I'm sure someone will let you try it.Its just like buying a car,you always want to drive it before you buy it right?I shot the Serbu,which is the same as the MMAG and uses the shark brake system on it.I gotta tell you the recoil was sharp and too violent for me.The rifle was not comfortable to shoot and did not like the buttstock on it.I think you would like AR50 better or even a Windrunner 50,or 96 model.After this weekend lets hear what you think on all the .50's you shot.I think you will be sold on a AR50!

...sounds like solid advice, but I won't be able to make this shoot due to family committments . I hope to see you guys sooner rather than later at a later date...
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top