Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 1:25:10 PM EDT
I am currently looking at an IOR 4x14x50 tactical with the illuminated mp8. the best price ive seen is $769. does anyone have any experiences with these or others in the general price range. what about rings for the bfg?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am currently looking at an IOR 4x14x50 tactical with the illuminated mp8. the best price ive seen is $769. does anyone have any experiences with these or others in the general price range. what about rings for the bfg?

Im using a leupold vari x III LR 6.5-20x 50mm mildot with badger max 50 standard height rings.  Working fine so far.  Is the mp8 reticle one of those that clutters the whole piece of glass?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an IOR 2.5-10X42 on my .308.  I love it.  Exceptional clarity and brightness.  Very durable, and a lifetime warrantee.  From what I understand about IOR is that their scopes have been designed to take the recoil of a 50.  Other things I liked about them were: 30mm tube, 1/2 MOA clicks (on mine at least), and the reticle changes size as you change the power allowing you to range with it at any power.  I have the MP8 reticle, and it works just like a mil-dot.(it has little lines instead of dots)  They also have super heavy duty rings,  They look good, but I think that the Badger Ord rings are better. Not sure, though.
Go to Biggerhammer.net and do a search for a guy named Don.  He sells the IORs at a good price, and is good to deal with. I am going to put the scope you are looking at on my BFG when it gets here(and I have some more dough).
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
From SWFA's site it looks like those Tasco SS are great on a .50.

I have the Serbu BFG and am looking for a scope for it, it's either gonna be $300 for the SS or over 1k for a Nightforce.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From SWFA's site it looks like those Tasco SS are great on a .50.

I have the Serbu BFG and am looking for a scope for it, it's either gonna be $300 for the SS or over 1k for a Nightforce.

have you read biggerhammer?  thopse tascos are hit or miss from the recoil.  Mark Serbu himself has had one that shitted out on him and one that is still working.
Nightforce are nice and pricey but tough to beat.  Their warranty is a bit complex though so be careful who you purchase it from
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hoplite, I was going off of this link on SWFA's site...

www.swfa.com/riflescopes/tasco/serbu-review/index.html

Maybe it's a good scope for a gun with less recoil. I really don't want to spend 1k+ on a gun I'm not gonna shoot all that much, maybe I'll have to though.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hoplite, I was going off of this link on SWFA's site...

www.swfa.com/riflescopes/tasco/serbu-review/index.html

Maybe it's a good scope for a gun with less recoil. I really don't want to spend 1k+ on a gun I'm not gonna shoot all that much, maybe I'll have to though.

You cant believe everything you read.  Hold out on a deal for a leupold for a few hundred more than the tasco.  If it breaks they will fix it no matter who you bought it from.  I will send you some links when i see a deal pop up
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top