Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/31/2018 5:33:10 PM EDT
I'm interested in a fs2000, but I'm not interested in using gunbroker.
What's the next best way to get one without paying mental prices?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Without gunbroker or similar means, start at one end of the country and visit every gunshow and gunshop there is in person...

And you will still be paying high price.  Probably around 20grand or more in airline fares gunshow entranve fees hotel rooms and meals not counting lost work hours
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Was hoping to stay around the 2k mark.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
But you're unwilling to utilize the single biggest marketplace...
I'd post an ad in he EE and wait
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good luck. Since they stopped making them the prices have steadily increased.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
there is like 3 on the EE at the moment
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless for collector value....stay away!

I'll keep mine due to my complete FN collection....but I'll never shot it. Worst rifle EVER!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think they're bad at all. Kinda bulky, but you get used to the width. Lighter than a Steyr AUG, and the rail options are much better. The front ejection makes it easy to fire ambi, and they're very reliable, like a bullpup SCAR.

What don't you like about them?

I found a great deal on a used F2000 Tactical on GunBroker. $1,100 shipped.

This thread needs pics:
Attachment Attached File

Now if I could just find a reasonably priced bayonet for the thing, I'd be all set.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think they're bad at all. Kinda bulky, but you get used to the width. Lighter than a Steyr AUG, and the rail options are much better. The front ejection makes it easy to fire ambi, and they're very reliable, like a bullpup SCAR.

I found a great deal on a used F2000 Tactical on GunBroker. $1,100 shipped.

This thread needs pics:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/CAC27484-FB7C-43DE-A95B-5690A883FF43-505103.JPG

Now if I could just find a reasonably priced bayonet for the thing, I'd be all set.
View Quote
Damn. How long ago was that? 1100 is a steal. I remember a while back there was a contract overrun and FNH blew them out for basically nothing. Too bad back then I didn't have the money for quality firearms.
When I look on gunbroker for fs2000s they're always outrageously priced with lying descriptions.

I rented one, and as a lefty I found them to be basically perfect.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#10]
2015 and I'm glad I bought it then. I wasn't really looking for one.

Everything goes sky high when new ones cannot be obtained anymore.

The AUG is an excellent alternative, and LH bolts are available for the standard stock (but not the NATO AR15-mag stock). It can be fired wrong-handed by using a reverse chicken wing grip with quasi-gangsta roll (so the brass doesn't nail your face/neck). Or you can add a case deflector.

The X95 has accuracy issues (unresolved last I checked).

I'm waiting for the F90, but I don't know if it has a LH option.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I literally can't have a conversation with you as I find NOTHING positive to say about the rifle.  I own ALOT of rifles; I'd venture to say it is the worst functioning and designed rifle I've ever handled, let alone own.  Actually, one positive thing is I personally think it looks cool.  I like the space gun/Halo look. Looking forward to the IMI shotgun.

BTW the Steyr AUG, I personally believe is the best bullpup and one of my favorite rifles overall.  The Tavor is meh, PS90 is cute, I've already prepaid for an ATRAX and won't own anything from Keltec.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I literally can't have a conversation with you as I find NOTHING positive to say about the rifle.  I own ALOT of rifles; I'd venture to say it is the worst functioning and designed rifle I've ever handled, let alone own.  Actually, one positive thing is I personally think it looks cool.  I like the space gun/Halo look. Looking forward to the IMI shotgun.

BTW the Steyr AUG, I personally believe is the best bullpup and one of my favorite rifles overall.  The Tavor is meh, PS90 is cute, I've already prepaid for an ATRAX and won't own anything from Keltec.
View Quote
I don't understand how you can say that the Aug is better than the tavor (x95) with a straight face. Accuracy aside, EVERYTHING about the x95 is light-years ahead of the Aug. Your holding onto nostalgia my friend
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
How much are you willing to pay
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How much are you willing to pay
View Quote
Looking to stay around 2000.
Hence why I've been skipping over most of the EE listings.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine owns an fs2000 and I got to check it out.

I'm a bit of a mechanical geek. Taking the rifle apart and seeing how it worked was amazing. Very unique and well thought out system.
It's also got to be one of the most raw, authentic to military, 5.56 firearms ever allowed for civilian sales. It's highly unlikely that there will be another one like it.

I figured I'd try to buy before they disappeared forever.
Not terribly desperate to get one, but very interested in one as a novelty.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Did you take the barrel assembly apart? I'd like to do a technical comparison on the "receiver," which is actually the aluminum ejection tube with the optics rail on the Tactical model. I'm curious if/how the F2000 is different, but I've got no one with a FS2000 around me. If you can borrow it again... new thread?
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't understand how you can say that the Aug is better than the tavor (x95) with a straight face. Accuracy aside, EVERYTHING about the x95 is light-years ahead of the Aug. Your holding onto nostalgia my friend
View Quote
Accuracy/precision is a BIG deal. The AUG has more of it. From my experience, Steyr has better QC than IMI as well.

I have to agree the AUG is better than either Tavor model.

The 2 downsides to the AUG are weight and lack of rail space up front. The add-on rails aren't a great solution.

Waiting patiently for the F90
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did you take the barrel assembly apart? I'd like to do a technical comparison on the "receiver," which is actually the aluminum ejection tube with the optics rail on the Tactical model. I'm curious if/how the F2000 is different, but I've got no one with a FS2000 around me. If you can borrow it again... new thread?
View Quote
I didn't get that far, I was mainly fascinated by the trigger pack and bolt carrier group.
But from what I remember, it seemed to basically just be a simple scaffold for the barrel/piston system, chute, and rail.

I'll agree with most people commenting about the fs2000, it's got bad ergos and a poor feature set.
But mechanically speaking it's an amazing system. I genuinely think an enclosed forward ejecting design is an ideal setup for bullpups.
It's a shame that we'll likely never see a similar platform available to civilians in the future.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't help on acquisition but I will say to disregard the naysayers who don't like this rifle.

I have had mine since they first came out & love it.  Ergonomics are weird UNTIL you shoulder it then that fades away.  It is the cleanest shooting 5.56 rifle I own and disassembly is a snap.

The manual of arms is not the same as an AR, same for my HK's, FAL and Winchester 1894's - doesn't mean those are bad, just different.

The only real downside is that the stock charging handle is weak but you can find solid aluminum ones out there and it is a very simple swap.

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#20]
No advice here to acquire one outside the usual channels that come with tracking down a discontinued desirable firearm, but I'm glad I scooped up one when I did.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did you take the barrel assembly apart?
View Quote
I have. What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I want to know if the "receiver" is different. I can post pics of the F2000 Tactical receiver this weekend. Really I'd like to find all the differences.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Ah, I get it. I think this has already been answered on the FN forum. IIRC, the left receiver shell is the serialized part on the standard and the rail is on the Tactical.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ah, I get it. I think this has already been answered on the FN forum. IIRC, the left receiver shell is the serialized part on the standard and the rail is on the Tactical.
View Quote
That's correct regarding standard vs Tactical.

I want to know about F2000 Tactical vs FS2000 Tactical.
I couldn't find the answer on FNforum.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#26]
The 2500-3000 asking prices on the EE are pretty fair from what I have seen.

It's not like prices are going to go lower
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's correct regarding standard vs Tactical.

I couldn't find the answer on FNforum.
View Quote
the f2k receiver has no serial number and lacks the nubs to prevent you from inserting the FA pack.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#28]
All the receivers have serial numbers. The serial on my F2000 Tactical is on the 4th rib from the front of the rail.

You're referring to the stock not blocking a select fire pack, and you're correct it does not, but what stops a FS2000 from using a F2000 stock assembly?

Here is a F2000 Tactical barrel/receiver assembly out of the stock.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
All the receivers have serial numbers. The serial on my F2000 Tactical is on the 4th rib from the front of the rail.

You're referring to the stock not blocking a select fire pack, and you're correct it does not, but what stops a FS2000 from using a F2000 stock assembly?

Here is a F2000 Tactical barrel/receiver assembly out of the stock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/480E52D4-4504-417C-A3A2-2FA0257FED34-511417.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/E653B031-AF3E-4A34-852C-BF91C6C10913-511418.JPG
View Quote
Apologies.
For some reason I thought you were talking about the bodies.

Aside from the shorter barrel, the receiver on the f2k is the same as the fs2k.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#30]
That's odd though, isn't it? I thought ATF wasn't in the habit of allowing a Title I receiver to be identical to a Title II receiver. There is usually some small difference.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That's odd though, isn't it? I thought ATF wasn't in the habit of allowing a Title I receiver to be identical to a Title II receiver. There is usually some small difference.
View Quote
I'm not sure, maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe it's best not to look into this any further before certain federal entities get any ideas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I think if they were going to do anything, they'd have done it already.

I've wondered the same about differences between old SVT40 and AVT40 receivers. I'm not sure there are any (besides the markings).
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nohair
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I tried to sell mine several times... No bites... I decided to keep it, after the last shop I consigned it with was shut down by the tax man, and I almost lost my rifle.

Barrettboy - what state are you in?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I tried to sell mine several times... No bites... I decided to keep it, after the last shop I consigned it with was shut down by the tax man, and I almost lost my rifle.

Barrettboy - what state are you in?
View Quote
Arizona
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was hoping to help, but all I was doing was confusing myself. In re reading, your posts are clear.

Quoted:
... but what stops a FS2000 from using a F2000 stock assembly?
Seemingly nothing as MidwestGunWorks was selling F2000 stocks for use on either the F2000 or the Fs2000. In fact, even though they're out of stock, I think they're still listed that way on their site.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
All bullpups are toys IMHO.

You going to grab a x95 in SHTF? Over a M4?  Doubt it.

The QC barrel on the AUG is still unbeat 40 years later.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nohair swore by his, and I believe he has used one more than anyone else on earth.
Doesn’t blow out his windshield when firing inside the vehicle. Works awesome suppressed, and he took hundreds of varmints. Rabbits, yotes, ground squirrels, prairie dogs, whatever.
View Quote
I have a suppressed Walther P22 that I've never cleaned and has never had a misfire....but I don't go telling everyone it's a reliable firearm either.  My point is there is always one out there...my guess is his ran so well due to the excessive use.  For example, I can't get a mag out of my FS2000 without putting the rifle on the ground, stepping on it, and yanking as hard as I can.  Maybe after 5000 rounds it would 'break in'.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have a suppressed Walther P22 that I've never cleaned and has never had a misfire....but I don't go telling everyone it's a reliable firearm either.  My point is there is always one out there...my guess is his ran so well due to the excessive use.  For example, I can't get a mag out of my FS2000 without putting the rifle on the ground, stepping on it, and yanking as hard as I can.  Maybe after 5000 rounds it would 'break in'.
View Quote
Sorry you've had bad luck.

I shoot my FS2000 regularly and primarily shoot Wolf 55gr and Federal M193 through mine using a variety of USGI magazines both old and new and have had two failures, both of which were related to me not having the magazine seated properly. It's also accurate for what it is.

Also, as far as the F2000 and FS2000 stocks...They're the same I believe. The full auto function comes from the selector lever and the trigger/hammer pack. The automatic selector allows you to pull the trigger further to the rear than the semi-auto position thus enabling it to fire in fully automatic mode. The trigger/hammer pack has the additional sear("safety sear") and an additional notch in the hammer. Almost identical to the P90.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Find a guy who needs money and give him $1200 at the gun show.

Worked for me
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll take my ak74. Let the hate flow
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#42]
ive owned a fs2000, aug, and tavor. Fs2000 had the best trigger by far for a bullpup. I enjoyed it butregret selling it....
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sorry you've had bad luck.

I shoot my FS2000 regularly.. .
View Quote
We could start a western PA fs2000 club...

As far as I know, there are 2 members.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We could start a western PA fs2000 club...

As far as I know, there are 2 members.
View Quote
I'm good with it. I only have met one other person that owns one, and that was years ago at Ace. Could have been you!
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I just picked mine up over the winter off armslist locally.   Could have been from that guy though!
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Check local high volume gun stores regularly, since they are a love/hate thing, they may have a higher than average 'get rid of' percentage.

In January, I handled one on the used rack thinking I might want it.  It was used, but not abused (by external exam), but I wanted to do some research first.  After some reading, I decided I wanted it but it was already gone at $1900 by the time I returned.

Well, fast forward to last month when on a random visit I was stunned to see another on the rack (neither were the military model), but this one was like new at the same price; $1900.  I bought it, and when the guy brought out the box, it had the tactical rail inside in its own box.  The only thing that was missing was a correct sling, which I understand was shipped with them.

Haven't yet fired it...
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Check local high volume gun stores regularly, since they are a love/hate thing, they may have a higher than average 'get rid of' percentage.

In January, I handled one on the used rack thinking I might want it.  It was used, but not abused (by external exam), but I wanted to do some research first.  After some reading, I decided I wanted it but it was already gone at $1900 by the time I returned.

Well, fast forward to last month when on a random visit I was stunned to see another on the rack (neither were the military model), but this one was like new at the same price; $1900.  I bought it, and when the guy brought out the box, it had the tactical rail inside in its own box.  The only thing that was missing was a correct sling, which I understand was shipped with them.

Haven't yet fired it...
View Quote
As far as I know, they never included a sling.  I have a 56xx-serial that didn’t come with one. The factory F2000 sling seemed to have spotty availability over the years, so alternatives like the Urban ERT sling were made more popular.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As far as I know, they never included a sling.  I have a 56xx-serial that didn't come with one. The factory F2000 sling seemed to have spotty availability over the years, so alternatives like the Urban ERT sling were made more popular.
View Quote
Thanks, I just assumed it was a part of the accessory pack.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks, I just assumed it was a part of the accessory pack.
View Quote
I purchased my FS2000 new in the box - it did not come with a sling.

There are several options out there, I went with this company as theirs allowed me to remove the butt cap (where the trigger assembly is) for cleaning without having to remove the entire sling assembly.
http://sktindustries.com/catalog/doc5.pdf

I also like the little pouch they sell that fits into a cubby in the rear of the stock.  Handy for keeping track of the gas piston tool and other small items.
http://sktindustries.com/catalog/doc11.pdf
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Sent you an email and IM on a local one for $1700.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top