Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 4/9/2015 10:47:56 PM EDT
Price point? when will they be available?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Idk but I've got a woody!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
In.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's less than two grand, it'll sell like hotcakes.

That being said, it won't be less than two grand. Just the way the gun industry works.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That being said, it won't be less than two grand. Just the way the gun industry works.
View Quote

I'm thinking it's going to be between $2,500, and $3,000 possibly even $3,500.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Expected MSRP is $7000-7500
MSRP is in the first paragraph
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

And just like that I won't be getting one.  If I were going to spend that kind of money it would be on a car.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I was gonna guess $8k minimum, but at $7k that's at least cheaper than the current semi auto M249 clone options out there.  Plus this doesn't have the modified H&K trigger housing which I always thought looked a little out of place, not bad but not totally authentic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And just like that I won't be getting one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And just like that I won't be getting one.

Yep. Figures. Not that I was expecting it to be cheap... Just hoping it was within more reach than that....
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never EVER seen a good quality LMG semi auto for under 6k.  I still want one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Really want one but if I had that kind of cash to throw around I'd get a semi-M2 in the same ballpark, or a registered MAC
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
i'm a buyer at 6K
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
This was mentioned as forthcoming at SHOT about 4 years ago. Glad to see its becoming real...
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i'm a buyer at 6K
View Quote

Really? I'm really curious to know what guns you already own.

I can't really see many buying one of these unless they had a massive collection.

$6000-$7000 range puts you at a Barrett .50 price range which I think I'd rather own.

Or just save up another couple thousand for a real registered machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#14]
L.E. M249's are around $7,000 Dept price

I'm surprised they aren't around 10K
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Really want one but if I had that kind of cash to throw around I'd get a semi-M2 in the same ballpark, or a registered MAC
View Quote

As am I.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its built like a belt fed machine gun not a rifle. Machine guns are expensive to build.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Never having the privilege to fire one, Is the FCG similar to the AR platform for drop in triggers that can get close to FA rate of fire?

I'm paying and praying the nolo contender case works and I can purchase a real one in my lifetime without the retardedly   Excessive price point of entry.

$5000 for new one! I'm in like flynn.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd pay $2500 for one
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll just have to be happy with my 17 for the time being. $7,000 is a well outfitted SR25.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a semi 1919 back in the early 2000's when they became popular.

It was a lot of fun for awhile, but having to haul 200 lbs of crap to the range (MG42 tripod, sandbags, linker, ammo, etc.) became more trouble than it was worth.

I eventually got rid of it and sold off all of my accessories.

A semi auto SAW would be the cat's whiskers, but not at 7 grand.

If they get down to around $4000, I'm in!

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It was a lot of fun for awhile, but having to haul 200 lbs of crap to the range (MG42 tripod, sandbags, linker, ammo, etc.) became more trouble than it was worth.

View Quote
Why did you need an MG42 tripod?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Too bad its no Mk 48 Mod 0 S

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A buddy of mine bought one and was going to build a semi MG42 at the same time I was going to build a semi 1919.

He gave up on the build and sold his parts kit but I bought his tripod and a 1919 adapter from a guy at the 1919A4 forum.

It was an awesome set up with the multiple level bubbles and the periscope. It was actually made by Hk.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I was hoping for $4500, remember they sell SCARS for almost $3k.

At $7k, you are almost half way to a 1919 machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A buddy of mine bought one and was going to build a semi MG42 at the same time I was going to build a semi 1919.

He gave up on the build and sold his parts kit but I bought his tripod and a 1919 adapter from a guy at the 1919A4 forum.

It was an awesome set up with the multiple level bubbles and the periscope. It was actually made by Hk.

<a href="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/HermanSnerd/media/1919A4_zpsdwotiwpw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/HermanSnerd/1919A4_zpsdwotiwpw.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/HermanSnerd/media/1919A4_zpsdwotiwpw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/HermanSnerd/1919A4_zpsdwotiwpw.jpg</a>

That is beautiful.  Just the right amount of wood, and steel.

Admit it, you miss it from time to time!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#26]
How many of us "average" shooters can drop that kind of cash, while cool as hell and I want one I cant go more the 3500$ kinda disappointed on the price but hey that's the gun market for you :)
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do miss how cool it looked, and I miss watching other people grinning from ear to ear shooting it for the first time.

But what I miss most of all.......

is all those thousands of rounds of 144 grain Australian surplus .308 that I sent downrange into the berm.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was hoping for $4500, remember they sell SCARS for almost $3k.

At $7k, you are almost half way to a 1919 machine gun.
View Quote

In today's market, I'd say you are WAY low on your estimate.

Currently there is a transferable M60 at almost $25,000 on Gunbroker with several days to go. It WILL go somewhere north of $30,000

There are a FEW Pre-86 Dealer Sample M-249's out there.

The last one I saw for sale (over 15 years ago) was by C&S Metall-Werkes.

It was for $75,000....OVER 15 YEARS AGO!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too bad its no Mk 48 46 Mod 0 S

View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Since the LEO pricing is nice on the SCAR.  I wonder if they will have LEO pricing on this?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Since the LEO pricing is nice on the SCAR.  I wonder if they will have LEO pricing on this?
View Quote

Please be joking. LEO discounts for a belt fed hahahaha.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please enlighten on the relevance of an area cover weapon in LE...
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder what the possibility is of them released a "collector series" M240S?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need something on the turrets of all those MRAPs we gave them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:12:45 AM EDT
[#35]
FN is going to treat it like Apple treats the iPhone.  Drum up hype on the product and intentionally keeps supply low to support high prices and high profit margins.

It's the smartest thing going in capitalism today.  Sucks for us peasants.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I wonder if the semi version will be an open bolt gun like the military SAW?

FN says it is the same design and uses the same exact parts, but if they had to make the semi auto model a closed bolt gun
to appease the ATF, I would guess that would have to involve a significant design change to the internal parts.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

FN says it is the same design and uses the same exact parts, but if they had to make the semi auto model a closed bolt gun
to appease the ATF, I would guess that would have to involve a significant design change to the internal parts.

View Quote

Can't wait to find out, an open bolt would seem very easy to slap a mil spec trigger assembly on, but I think someone mentioned "HK style" lowers whatever that means.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

FN rep said it is a closed bolt, they redesigned the internals.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can't wait to find out, an open bolt would seem very easy to slap a mil spec trigger assembly on, but I think someone mentioned "HK style" lowers whatever that means.
View Quote

It is closed bolt according to FN...they even have it listed on their web site already yay.

The HK style lowers I was referring to are what the clone manufactures are using for their M249s.  If I remember right, they used the taller HK lowers off a G3 as it was the only way to get reliable hammer strikes.  The FN semi version uses the same lower housing as their F/A one, so externally it's the same.  Not sure how they stuffed a hammer assembly into there though.

Here's a clone M249 with the HK lower.

And a FN M249 with the correct lower.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I do miss how cool it looked, and I miss watching other people grinning from ear to ear shooting it for the first time.

is all those thousands of rounds of 144 grain Australian surplus .308 that I sent downrange into the berm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sold my 1919 for the same reason.  It was kewl, but ... damn it took too long to set up, load belts, carry to the range, and then crank off rounds until I was bored.

I miss the thousands of rounds of 8mm Mauser that I sent streaming downrange too.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
FN is going to treat it like Apple treats the iPhone.  Drum up hype on the product and intentionally keeps supply low to support high prices and high profit margins.

It's the smartest thing going in capitalism today.  Sucks for us peasants.
View Quote

They won't be making or selling too many of these. As cool as it is, demand will be extremely low, especially due to the lack of application to the LE market. LE does in fact buy full-auto M249s and M240s, though they're not deployed very often. They will have no interest in a dedicated semi-auto belt-fed. And, unfortunately, prospective LE sales are what gets new guns into the market at price points that make them attractive to the average civilian shooter.  This won't be the case here.

No one except a civilian collector with lots of disposable income will buy a semi-auto belt-fed like this. While I don't think they're calling this a "limited edition", I don't see them offering this product in large numbers it for very long.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#42]
There's no way around the fact that these guns are expensive to manufacture, that price sounds about right unless you make millions of them, and even then.....

I have a US MGA built semi MK46 with the adapted HK trigger pack. It works fine, but is physically larger than the normal unit for obvious reasons. I guess FN could have figured out how to do a hammer in that space, could also be a striker - which would save space and allow the striker to run coax with the drive spring.

Yeah, a semi belt fed is kind of silly, but it's the closest we can get so long as the military/LEO crowd ignores their oath. I do enjoy shooting mine and everyone that sees it, likes it. I enjoy collecting odd machines, this kind of stuff amuses me.

I will be interested to see how many they make/sell and what affect it has on the parts market.

On a side note, FN *could* have chosen to make their 249's/MK46's capable of switching to 7.62 x 51 with a handful of parts. I suspect they didn't do this so that they could sell the .gov a whole new batch of guns at the taxpayer's expense. My MGA gun can go 7.62 with the conversions parts and a few minutes of time.

I suspect the S model has a similar built-in defect restricting it to 5.56.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Just need a bump fire stock ....

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm dying for more info here.

As a Shrike owner, I've already got all the fun M249 accessories.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I wonder if they will/ hope they do make this in the para version
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wonder if they will/ hope they do make this in the para version
View Quote

Whether they offer it complete or not, selling them base model will give us all plenty to do by way of collecting variant parts like the Para and MK46.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Assuming FN didn't make the 249S barrels unique, a PARA barrel would plug right in.

Would require SBR though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Assuming FN didn't make the 249S barrels unique, a PARA barrel would plug right in.

View Quote

How so?  The Para barrel is 16.3" in length and the overall length of the weapon even with PARA stock collapsed is 30.5"
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  Now that is a good one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How so?  The Para barrel is 16.3" in length and the overall length of the weapon even with PARA stock collapsed is 30.5"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The PARA barrel with the flashider is 16.3, but it's closer to 14" without it. You could weld it on, or provide your own extension and weld it on, threads are goofy anyways on the PARAs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top