Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2011 7:16:36 PM EDT
I was considering a TM lower for my next build (probably an SBR) but I want to make sure I get the most sear ready lower available because I plan on buying either a RLL or a RDIAS in the future. If possible, I would also like a receiver that would accept a regular pin in auto sear (without additional machining)  just in case there is a change in law that allows us to mfg our own title II weapons. So.... is the TM the lower I'm looking for or does such a lower even exist.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was considering a TM lower for my next build (probably an SBR) but I want to make sure I get the most sear ready lower available because I plan on buying either a RLL or a RDIAS in the future. If possible, I would also like a receiver that would accept a regular pin in auto sear (without additional machining)  just in case there is a change in law that allows us to mfg our own title II weapons. So.... is the TM the lower I'm looking for or does such a lower even exist.

From the picture of the receiver on the Tactical Machining website (here), it does not look like the inside of the receiver is milled out to allow a GI sear to fit. I know of no semi-auto receiver that is. You can see how much material is removed by looking at this picture of a semi-auto vs full-auto receiver from Quarterbore's website.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Drilling the third hole constitutes manufacturing an illegal machine gun.  It's a no go.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Apparently the plastic plum crazy lowers are auto sear ready except for the hole.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Mboylan - I know that drilling the hole for the sear pin OS the same as drilling out the Y axis on an AK and have no intention of doing so. I just want a receiver milled in a manner where that is all that is left to do for it to accommodate an auto sear.

Circuits - I have heard of the "Plum Crazy" lowers, in another thread, but didn't realize they were plastic. What problems does this create? Any?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
And I don't see them listed on the RLL RDIAS list in the sticky. So.... does anyone know if they are plug and play with the RDIAS or RLL?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
They're relatively new, which is why they haven't started make their way onto many FAQ lists.

I'm not a fan, and have seen threads detailing problems and breakage with some units.  Others love them, and stand by them.

They're pretty inexpensive, since almost everything, including the fire control group, is molded plastic, with just the springs made of metal, IIRC.  The will also fit most standard parts instead of the plastic ones, but that ups the weight and price.

I know of the sear clearance from one user here, another Class 2 SOT like myself, who turned one into a post sample machinegun, and posted that he didn't have to mill anything out - just locate and drill the correct hole.

If it's got clearance for a GI sear, it SHOULD fit a DIAS or LL - but there might be clearance issues at the back wall of the receiver for the LL, and depth issues (too deep) for a DIAS, which still might require some corrective actions.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
One question still remains - is the Tactical Machining lower plug and play with RLL or the RDIAS?

Thanks for answering my other questions :-)
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top