Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 7:08:47 PM EDT
What all do I need to run my M16 full auto in 9mm. Is there a special bolt needed, or do they all have the sear trip? All help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well first you need a 9mm upper with the proper 9mm bolt. Ramped bolt is better but no biggie at first.
A heavy buffer.
A 9mm mag block and 9mm mags.

I like the VM Hytech block that uses unmodified Uzi mags and slap on a Colt 10.5  9mm SMG and its heaven.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
99% of the 9mm bolts have the proper M16 sear trip.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
99% of the 9mm bolts have the proper M16 sear trip.

That is what I was hoping for. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
There are two types of uppers: the Colt pattern uses Colt or UZI mags and will run in FA.  The other type uses STEn mags and does not run FA.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are two types of uppers: the Colt pattern uses Colt or UZI mags and will run in FA.  The other type uses STEn mags and does not run FA.

Both the Colt and Oly systems run FA with the correct bolt (Colt) or bolt carrier (Olympic).  Oly system also can use glock and other pistol mags with the correct lower, as could the colt system with the correct mag block.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, guys. I already have the Hahn mag block that uses Uzi mags. I am in the process of getting all the rest of the parts. Don't want to buy twice.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top