Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2018 10:59:57 PM EDT
Anyone help? First machine gun and I have one magazine!
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for responses.
Mines in jail... 9 & 45 uppers. I’m a little confused by the amount of magazine styles/builds as well. Single feed... double feed... etc...
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I’m not quite sure those are right. Not trying to be picky either but aren’t these mags known to be really low quality?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tag for responses.
Mines in jail... 9 & 45 uppers. I’m a little confused by the amount of magazine styles/builds as well. Single feed... double feed... etc...
View Quote
You’ll have more options if it’s a Mac 10 45/9mm. Mines a 9 only and the mag well is smaller
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Sten Magwell conversion (cheap 32 rounds mags, expensive 50rnd mags, not fun to load though)
Uzi Magwell conversion (easy to find and easy to load 25 or 32 round mags, may need a double-feed bolt though)
Lage Max-31 upper kit (doesn't require modification of your receeiver, but uses $$ Soumi Mags & drums)

Those are your best options for durable steel magazines that last forever.
You just paid like $5k+ for a transferable SMG you want to shoot alot... don't cheap out on us now

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I buy them when I find them. Get a Lage Max 31 and never look back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Basically there's two different designs on the Mac 10  magwells. Big Magwell you can use grease gun mags or drop adapter In and use the Mac-11 modified mags. 9 mm small Magwell use the original plastic mags that can run in a Mac-11 or Mac 10.

I have a bunch of old South African mags that I just had to change the mag catch slot and added a MAG stop.
I have not seen those mags available for years. My buddy has four of the large Magwell Mac10s  and we've gotten them to run pretty good in 9 mm  but they're best in 45.

Honestly I prefer the small Magwell MAC-10 it fits the hand much better and if you get a lage grip cover it's sweet.
Unless you have a bunch of nine-mil uppers I would stop where you're at and go with the ladge 10/31 upper.
You probably won't use any other upper once that one is installed. It's nice and light and transforms the Mac into a nice little subgun.
It uses suomi drums and proprietary zmags.
Best site to go to is Uzi talk anything to do with Macs is on that site.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Back order only
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Basically there's two different designs on the Mac 10  magwells. Big Magwell you can use grease gun mags or drop adapter In and use the Mac-11 modified mags. 9 mm small Magwell use the original plastic mags that can run in a Mac-11 or Mac 10.

I have a bunch of old South African mags that I just had to change the mag catch slot and added a MAG stop.
I have not seen those mags available for years. My buddy has four of the large Magwell Mac10s  and we've gotten them to run pretty good in 9 mm  but they're best in 45.

Honestly I prefer the small Magwell MAC-10 it fits the hand much better and if you get a lage grip cover it's sweet.
Unless you have a bunch of nine-mil uppers I would stop where you're at and go with the ladge 10/31 upper.
You probably won't use any other upper once that one is installed. It's nice and light and transforms the Mac into a nice little subgun.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106618/40143_jpeg-720985.JPG
View Quote
I have a mk2 lage upper. Wanted to keep it small
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
To OP. Which magazine does your gun take?

Mac10 9mms came in single feed and double feed mags.

Single feeds use Zytel Magazines. You still can get them.

Double feeds use a walter pattern mag. There are repros you can buy from lage or us machineguns.

You can convert your single feed mag gun to a double by purchasing a double feed bolt.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To OP. Which magazine does your gun take?

Mac10 9mms came in single feed and double feed mags.

Single feeds use Zytel Magazines. You still can get them.

Double feeds use a walter pattern mag. There are repros you can buy from lage or us machineguns.

You can convert your single feed mag gun to a double by purchasing a double feed bolt.
View Quote
Double stack double feed. Unfortunately rpb who makes the mags haven’t made them in a while. Nowhere to find them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#14]
PM sent OP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
PM sent OP.
View Quote
Email sent.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Back order only
View Quote
FIFO
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Send it to Sam at practical solutions and get him to convert the gun to take uzi magazines. This was the best thing in my I ever did to my mac.

I also have an uzi so having 2 guns that use the same magazines is a added benefit
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#18]
It seems that all the RPB M10/9mm double stack magazines are out-of-stock with everyone that carries them.

I emailed Richard Lage earlier this week, and he said that he has no ETA on getting more.
This may be the catalyst for me getting Sam to convert mine to Uzi magazines.

My only issue is that I don't trust delivery.  I'll likely have to make a 8.5 hour drive to deliver it to him.  The only way I feel remotely safe sending it is USPS Registered Mail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Make sure you have you have your own insurance that will cover your gun while it is being shipped and then mail it USPS registered on a monday.

DO NOT rely on USPS'S insurance.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Convert to uzi grip and be done with it.  Best mod and you can shoot 45acp also
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Make sure you have you have your own insurance that will cover your gun while it is being shipped and then mail it USPS registered on a monday.

DO NOT rely on USPS'S insurance.
View Quote
Do you have any suggestions for obtaining your own insurance policy?  I've been meaning on looking into insurance.  My home insurance company got really squirmy when I talked to them about insurance policies on guns.

Honestly, I was really just considering driving it up to TN, taking my wife and kids for a few days in the mountains, and planning another trip when Sam has it ready.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you have any suggestions for obtaining your own insurance policy?  I've been meaning on looking into insurance.  My home insurance company got really squirmy when I talked to them about insurance ....
View Quote
I have heard good things about this company:

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any suggestions for obtaining your own insurance policy?  I've been meaning on looking into insurance.  My home insurance company got really squirmy when I talked to them about insurance ....

Thanks! I'll take a look.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#24]
BTW... I asked about RPB magazines on Uzitalk MAC forum yesterday.

A well-known poster, strobro32, checked today with Russell.  According to strobro32, RPB is in the process of churning out M10/9mm magazines right now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#25]
How much is it to have an M11/9 to Uzi or RPB mags?

Mine is actually sten converted already (I bought it that way) AND I’m sitting on a sizeable collection of mags. But loading stens just sucks that bad, LOL.

I don’t think I’ve shot the stens since my Max31 kit arrived.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mine is actually sten converted already (I bought it that way) AND I’m sitting on a sizeable collection of mags. But loading stens just sucks that bad, LOL.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you, but M11/9mm are not able to be converted to Uzi magazines.  I don't know if M10/9mm conversions are possible.  The reason you cannot convert an M-11 to uzi magwell is that the receiver isn't wide enough.

If I had a Sten conversion, I'd seriously consider talking to Sam at Practical solutions about doing a reverse Sten conversion in order to use the very well-regarded Z-Mags for the M-11.

From Practical Solutions:

https://macmachineguns.com/?page_id=1252

Reverse Sten Conversion:  Many people like the look and feel of the original M11/9 grips but the deal they got was for a Sten converted gun. This conversion can be reversed but the Sten grip is longer than the original grip. The frame has to have the removed piece reinstalled and then cut out for the original grip. You will not be able to tell any work has been done by looking at the outside of the gun. You must call us for arrangements and shipping.  Normal price:  $429.99.
On a side note, an Uzi conversion was the reason that I chose an M10/9mm over an M-11/9mm or a M10/45.
I didn't want to get a M10/45 and "force" it into a losing 45 ACP capability (at the time, 45 Uzi magazines were not common or cheap.)  It didn't seem right to do that to a gun that cannot be produced again.

On a plus side to the uzi conversion now, I will be able to easily convert from 9mm to 45ACP should I chose to.

I probably made a mistake getting an M10 over an M11/9mm considering the support for the M11/9mm.  However, I do love my M10/9mm.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry damn double post.
Eastern insurance is who I use. One of the founders died recently but they're still up and running. I believe the cost is $1 for every $300 you're looking to insure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I would not recommend this company, they stole $300 from me a few months ago. One of the guys at the station recommended them to me, we placed separate orders on the same day and he ended up getting burned for $120 as well. He said he had placed one $60 order prior to that and received it, but they ripped him off the second time around. I ordered before realizing that there is absolutely no way to contact them beyond filling out a contact form, a huge red flag. I sent multiple messages through that contact form and all went unanswered.....buyer beware.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I've checked again with Lage and M10/9mm double feed magazines are still out of stock.

I think I am going to call RPB tomorrow to see what I can find out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:08:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Awesome
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106618/40143_jpeg-720985.JPG
View Quote
OT but where did you get that stock? I am looking for something like that
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Lage

makes and sells 10/9 magazines. Work great from what I have been told.

There 11/9 ZMAGS run like purring kittens in my SWD 11/9 SMG
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lage

makes and sells 10/9 magazines. Work great from what I have been told.

There 11/9 ZMAGS run like purring kittens in my SWD 11/9 SMG
View Quote
My understanding is that Lage sells RPB Industries made M10/9mm magazines.  He doesn't make them.  He's currently out of stock on M10/9mm magazines with no eta.

However...

I e-mailed RPB Industries this week and got a prompt reply that RPB Industries will be starting up more M10/9mm magazines in a couple of weeks, and he will e-mail me when they are ready.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw at least two or three tables with these mags at recent SAR show here in Phoenix...  MAX31 is the best advice however...

Get 3-4 mags that work with your stock upper, go Max 31 and you will probably never go back anyway.  Only reason to own a MAC 10 in stock form is 45acp so you can pretend you are a Cocaine Cowboy from Miami...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I saw at least two or three tables with these mags at recent SAR show here in Phoenix...  MAX31 is the best advice however...

Get 3-4 mags that work with your stock upper, go Max 31 and you will probably never go back anyway.  Only reason to own a MAC 10 in stock form is 45acp so you can pretend you are a Cocaine Cowboy from Miami...
View Quote
Honestly, I am skipping the MAX 31 on my M10/9mm.  Its eventually getting the Uzi magwell and that opens a lot of doors.

My next upper for mine will probably be the M10/15.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#37]
@hmaverick

I sent you an IM
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#38]
So, the M10/31 won’t work with the Suomi 36 round mags?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#39]
If you can time it right, KEEPSHOOTING.com has em for $19.95 a pop, but.....they go fast!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#40]
So, OP, where are you with the mags? Did you find any doable?

I've seen some MACs with the plastic mags. But they don't hold up for long. The mags is the Achilles heal of the 9mm. You would think the dems got control of 9mm mag production.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#41]
@hmaverick  -  I have a 30 round double stack double feed 9mm Mac mag that I could probably part with.  It is not one of the converted Walther MPL mags, but appears to be a CMP manufactured magazine.  Those are what they switched to after the MPL mags couldn't be imported anymore.  It is in good shape, all metal with the cobray logo stamped on the front.  Can post or PM a pic if desired.  What's the consensus on market value?

Esox
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Not sure in value. Not familiar with that type of mag.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not sure in value. Not familiar with that type of mag.
View Quote
Info on mags, though a bit dated:  SAR Mags for MACs
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Question... Are the BuyMyMags.com MAC-10 mags compatable with Powder Springs 9mm M10 MPL mags, or am I stuck with RPB Ind mags?

http://www.buymymags.com/mac-10-9mm-32rd/

https://www.ftfindustries.com/product/RP-M109-30.html

I'm having second thoughts on the UZI conversion and need to make a decision on whether to go through with it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top