Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2018 7:47:51 PM EDT
I've read on a couple of different threads here that M60joe is no longer doing work. Is that fact or assumption? I communicated earlier this year about doing some RR work and he said that he was not taking any work until after the summer. I've emailed him recently with no reply. Does someone have confirmation on this? I know Victor @ US Anodizing is doing this kind of work and know of his quality but was going to give Joe first crack at it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I emailed him today because I kept hearing he wasn’t taking any work for the summer. I plan on buying a lightning link and was wanting him to do so mods to some receivers/bolt carriers.

This is the reply I got from him today:

I sold my business and the new owner isn’t doing gun work....

thanks
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Chisel, Thanks for the reply. I should be getting the same response soon.

I guess Victor is now the go to guy for RR work. I will contact him in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ouch! That is very sad to hear....he worked magic on an AC556 receiver for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I can vouch for Victor doing great RR work, he killed it with my SP1 earlier this year.

Very sad about M60joe...just learning this from here now
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 vouch for victor, he did an awesome job getting my Olympic RR in spec.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Is Victor actually taking on new work?  Website says only big orders, I’ve contacted him via email with no response...
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#7]
That sucks... who’s our new quality go guy for RLL & DIAS repairs then?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent him a email about welding a RMR type plate to my M11/9 upper about 2-4 weeks ago with no reply.

Any suggestions on who to contact now?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is Victor actually taking on new work?  Website says only big orders, I’ve contacted him via email with no response...
View Quote
His website has said that for years. I think that's in reference to bulk anodizing work. He seems to always take work on transferable MGs, I would imagine there is enough profit to justify his time working with a single lower/customer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sent him a email about welding a RMR type plate to my M11/9 upper about 2-4 weeks ago with no reply.

Any suggestions on who to contact now?
View Quote
If its mac related try practical solutions
https://macmachineguns.com/

I really need to encourage my dad to get into the business, hes a retired mechanical engineer and has been doing gun smithing work on the side for friends and family for decades, he just needs to get his FFL/SOT and make it legit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Shirley someone will vector me to who Victor is, Roger?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shirley someone will vector me to who Victor is, Roger?
View Quote
I am serious and don't call me Shirley but you may want to try Victor at US Anodizing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Crap, I had a lot of work i wantedd m60joe to do. Does victor work on RLL stuff, like carrier milling, lower milling, and burst kit mods?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 4:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]
one of the biggest problems with transferrables, finding someone to work with them.  few want the liability of working on a flimsy piece of metal...
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Crap, I had a lot of work i wantedd m60joe to do. Does victor work on RLL stuff, like carrier milling, lower milling, and burst kit mods?
View Quote
I’ve used Taylor Picklerell from Buhler Ballistics in La after meeting Taylor at knob creek a couple of years ago. He fixed a Oly RR that was out of spec, I’m sad to see m60joe get out of it, I sent him a couple of guns to fix over the years. But Taylor has worked magic on a couple of my personal guns, and he has a number of good references from some well known customers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That sucks... who’s our new quality go guy for RLL & DIAS repairs then?
View Quote
See above, Taylor has repaired RLL’s. Heck he has rewelded a torch cut MK19 of all things. That was impressive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Taylor is my guy as well
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Victor didn’t know much about the RLL when I reached out to him but he might be able to learn, smart guy and it’s still must machine work getting dimensions right. Maybe he can play with some post samples to get up to speed!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I know Andrew's Armory in Little Rock Arkansas used to build ll protectors, paddles, and do work on links. I found a post on Sturmgewehr from 2016 where he was selling a bunch of stuff and it sounded like he was going out of business. Does anyone know if he is in fact out of business?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't get on here much but I am Taylor/Buhler Ballistics and I fix a fair amount of MG's that other dealers hack up. I have probably fitted and tuned no less than 30 LL's over the years which is saying something considering there are only about 500.

I guess it comes with the territory since I sell a lot of transferable MG's as well that I know how to fix all of them. Usually above par on how the original manufacturers do. When I first got started the LL was all I did. Probably have 40,000 rounds through mine now and know ALL the in's and outs of those and DIAS's.

If anyone here needs any help let me know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't get on here much but I am Taylor/Buhler Ballistics and I fix a fair amount of MG's that other dealers hack up. I have probably fitted and tuned no less than 30 LL's over the years which is saying something considering there are only about 500.

I guess it comes with the territory since I sell a lot of transferable MG's as well that I know how to fix all of them. Usually above par on how the original manufacturers do. When I first got started the LL was all I did. Probably have 40,000 rounds through mine now and know ALL the in's and outs of those and DIAS's.

View Quote
Hello Taylor. Can you post your contact info? Do you have any experience setting up an RLL in a 9mm AR?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Shop email is [email protected]

At this point I have done anything you can think of with a link. The 9mm's are easy in the grand scheme of things the 22LR had some tricks but not even it stood a challenge.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you have before and after photos of the MK19? I think that speaks volumes about the ability you have. There are very few smiths qualified or even willing to try such a task.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shop email is [email protected]

At this point I have done anything you can think of with a link. The 9mm's are easy in the grand scheme of things the 22LR had some tricks but not even it stood a challenge.
View Quote
Are you saying you’ve gotten an RLL to work with a .22 upper?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know Andrew's Armory in Little Rock Arkansas used to build ll protectors, paddles, and do work on links. I found a post on Sturmgewehr from 2016 where he was selling a bunch of stuff and it sounded like he was going out of business. Does anyone know if he is in fact out of business?
View Quote
Looks like he is giving up his SOT to me based off his current auctions.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=2100405
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Yea I got two to run with 22 kits.
Not overly fun but they run great.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Looks like he is giving up his SOT to me based off his current auctions.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=2100405
View Quote
Yea he owes the 3 letter tax collector a lot of money and is selling everything off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I emailed him today because I kept hearing he wasn’t taking any work for the summer. I plan on buying a lightning link and was wanting him to do so mods to some receivers/bolt carriers.

This is the reply I got from him today:
View Quote
This is terrible news.  M60Joe was one of the best NFA gunsmiths around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top