Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 12:42:59 PM EDT
I was thinking of registering a Glock as an AOW.  What vertical foregrip have people here used?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what foregrip would work best, but unless there is a reason you want an AOW instead of SBR, I would register it as a SBR so the stock is an option.  You will pay the same price ($200) if you make it yourself.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know what foregrip would work best, but unless there is a reason you want an AOW instead of SBR, I would register it as a SBR so the stock is an option.  You will pay the same price ($200) if you make it yourself.  

Can you alternate with the stock on and off and still keep the vertical foregrip if it is registered as an SBR?  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
As a stocked rifle it could go on/off, as a Short rifle it could not cross state lines without ATF permission ahead of time. As an AOW it could be put into a functional shooting briefcase type system.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you alternate with the stock on and off and still keep the vertical foregrip if it is registered as an SBR?  

As an SBR you could have it w/o any accessories (Normal Glock config), w/ buttstock, or w/ a vertical grip.  You could have the buttstock & vertical grip by themselves or combined.  As stated earlier, the disadvantage of the SBR is you need to file the proper form w/ the ATF & get it approved to transport it across state lines.  It would not matter how you had it configured.  Once you make it a SBR, it is always a SBR unless you have the ATF remove the SBR status, so you couldn't take off the vertical grip & buttstock & transport it like a pistol.

The comment about the briefcase gun makes me wonder if that is another advantage to the AOW.  Anyone know if a SBR can be used in an AOW config like a briefcase?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!  I think I'll just file a Form 1 since it wouldn't be any cheaper to had a Class II do the change and transfer back to me as an SBR.  

Oops, I completely forgot about the engraving.  Does anyone know who does this on Glocks.  My understanding is that it can be done on the barrel, true?

Where are people buying stocks and foregrips?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

An AOW only costs $5, but an SBR costs $200.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An AOW is $5 for a transfer, but if you do it on a Form 1, you pay $200, which is the same price as a SBR.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As an SBR you could have it w/o any accessories (Normal Glock config), w/ buttstock, or w/ a vertical grip.  You could have the buttstock & vertical grip by themselves or combined.  As stated earlier, the disadvantage of the SBR is you need to file the proper form w/ the ATF & get it approved to transport it across state lines.  It would not matter how you had it configured.  Once you make it a SBR, it is always a SBR unless you have the ATF remove the SBR status, so you couldn't take off the vertical grip & buttstock & transport it like a pistol.

The comment about the briefcase gun makes me wonder if that is another advantage to the AOW.  Anyone know if a SBR can be used in an AOW config like a briefcase?

yes the SBR can be used in an operational briefcase like the mp5k, provided that the briefcase is registered as an AOW.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
You can't register a briefcase as an AOW.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You can't register a briefcase as an AOW.

do some fact checking

same idea applies with wallet holsters.

the briefcase itself is not an aow..neither is the rifle

but when combined, they ARE an aow, and must be registered as such.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes and it's the firearm that gets registered as an AOW not the box or sack you put it in.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An AOW is $5 for a transfer, but if you do it on a Form 1, you pay $200, which is the same price as a SBR.  

Gotcha

I misread your post and understand what you meant now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top