Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2022 6:48:54 PM EDT
I have been 3D printing with a slightly flexible plastic when it occurred to make a set of soft jaws for holding 40mm cases in a vise.  Right after I spent most of the day printing a set, I thought up several improvements.  These are V2.

The rings in the cutouts are for holding cases by the rim, so the case can be held mouth out.  The jaws are held to the vise via small magnets glued into pockets on the backside.

For some reason I can't seem to post pics to this forum but here are links to pics of the soft jaws.

Soft Jaws 1

Soft Jaws 2

Soft Jaws 3

Soft Jaws 4

Soft Jaws 5

Soft Jaws 6

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to get a 3d printer.

And start printing stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That soft vice would be great to help punch out the old blanks to help reload. Great job.

Any chance you could share the .stl file?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top