Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2022 9:30:23 AM EDT
Can these be reloaded? I'm wondering if they have any value? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really from what I've read over on Grog's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll assume you are talking about the low velocity M118 or M196 casings... I've tried several ways of "reloading" them, and found the best use for them is making replicas... The ventholes in them are around the side of the high pressure chamber, which makes it impossible to get anything to cover them enough to make them work again. You could drill out the base and force a 38BLP blank (if you can find any) (the same blank as used in the M212 nylon casing as used in the 781 chalk rounds) and they would function, but that's a lot of work per casing. If you have a quantity, I'd be interested in them if you decide not to mess with them.

Good casings for reloading are either the Xact impact casings (aluminum) from Brassman Brass that use a 38 short colt blank but are easy to reload, or other sources (already fired) or if you want brand new real high/low pressure style, Reloadableshells.com sells very nice smokeless casings in a very wide range of styles. GROG
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 14 of them. I do want to make a few replicas for my ammo and gear collection. Do you have any suggestions for the projectile to mock something up?

I have a bunch of the white plastic ones too. I working a getting an m203 this year so I'm going to reload for those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top