Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:40:11 AM EDT
Okay hive.... found this m203 round on the fob.... it is silver like some of the cs gas rounds, a little longer than the hedp rounds, and has the plastic type cover like on the smoke parachutes that has a raised, "B" on it... after some googling, i cannot figure out what it is.... we want to shoot it next time we are out, but i dont want to do something stupid... (Seems like the start to a good story, right?) so, does anyone have any idea of what this is? no pics for now, but if it is interesting, i will put up a video of us shooting it.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
could be AP buckshot
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Picture would help...
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps it is an M397 Bounding HE? As was said, photos would help a great deal. GROG
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Pcitures would help, but could it be a parachute flare?

Link

Star Parachute Round: A raised letter on the top of the round denotes the color of the parachute.

Only problem is that Red, White, and Green are the three colors. So a raised B doesn't seem like it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know of any that would have a ""B"" on top... I know MEI did a few with different payloads like camera (HUNTIR) that I believe has a raised "C" or "H" for HUNTIR on it. The smoke paras, and smoke markers don't have any raised letters... Interesting. GROG
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know of any that would have a ""B"" on top... I know MEI did a few with different payloads like camera (HUNTIR) that I believe has a raised "C" or "H" for HUNTIR on it. The smoke paras, and smoke markers don't have any raised letters... Interesting. GROG

You know it's a mystery when Grog can't figure it out. He's the resident 40mm guy here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of the silver colored 40mm rounds I have seen have been Riot Control oriented.

"B" for Baton?

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Ouch
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, I was thinking about the old "Bola" shell, which may have a "raised B" on the top, however I am unaware of any baton rounds that are US made that have a raised "B" on them. If it is new, it is very new. It could also very well stand for "Bean Bag"...It however could also mean Barricade... or Breaching in the case of a round made to take a door off it's hinges...or perhaps Buckshot?

Need at least a photo however... GROG
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
or... Boobytrap perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I had some that were similar, mine had green writing on them.  They were riot control Batons.  I think they were foam batons but I don't remember exactly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 6:19:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Shot it today... it bounced over the hesco in the burn pit, but it certainly looked like a baton... will post some pics and the video tommorow hopefully, so stay tuned.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
No idea of whether it's explosive or not, and fired it?  wow.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:02:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I had eye pro on
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:47:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had eye pro on

Reflective belt.

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, video isnt that cool, but maybe someone will enjoy seeing it.. nothing like wasting foam non lethal rounds.

Will probobly have to wait until we get to leatherkneck to upload it however, internet in sangin is double no good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

well that's the best way to find out.  pull the trigger, just aim it somewhere that seems safe. hahaha
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as it didn't land in the FOB's pallet of Rip-It's, you're golden.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Nothing like a dud fired 40mm HE in the burn pit to keep the guy burning classified on his toes.

I hope it was a foam projectile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top